Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Angleset-ting an older 26in xc frame – will I ruin the geo?
  • continuity
    Free Member

Since I broke my arm on my old bike, I’ve been getting back into it on a cheap 26in Rocky Mountain element (2012).

It’s a lovely little taut bike, but when the trail goes a little steep I feel like the handling gets a bit twitchy (50mm stem and 720 bar).

Stock it has a 69.5 ha and a 14in by drop – with the higher a2c of the fork I’m running its at about 69ish (rs vs fox). Would a big fat Angleset make it unpleasant to ride in any way?

They’re just pretty expensive to ‘try out’ – and I can’t put offset bushings in it because of the abc pivots.

Northwind

It might ruin it. Might not. TBH it can be pretty counterintuitive and also much about personal taste. I put 2 degrees into a C456, it ended up climbing better, frinstance (2 degrees in my Hemlock makes it climb like a bag of arse)

batman11
    Free Member

My buddy did both on his 09 heckler similar angles to your start point and he got 2.5 deg out of it down to 67. Made it ride so much better he reckoned certainly brought it up todate angles wise, so much so he’s now pulled the plug and bought a new bike lol.

singlespeedstu

a bag of arse

What size bag for an arse?

Andy-R

Three years old is now “older”??

scaredypants

What size bag for an arse?

extra extra large IME 🙁

scaredypants

I put an angleset in a 2010 trance x that already had a longer than normal fork fitted

Seems fine to me but I’m not a very discerning rider TBH

granny_ring

A Works 1 degree helped with my HL 5 spot.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Angleset-ting an older 26in xc frame – will I ruin the geo?’ is closed to new replies.