Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Angleset headsets…the wrong way around?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone tried it? Long story short, I need a new headset but the only aftermarket one is a workscompents 1°.

The current head angle is 66° which is ample. I’m wondering if 67° would suit my needs more than 65°.

thepodge
    Free Member

Can’t see why it wouldn’t work

tomhoward

I need a new headset but the only aftermarket one is a workscompents 1°.

Huh?

It will work fine, just wondering why you can only use that one?

benpinnick

I assume its something like a Canyon version? If it is then you’ll actually only gain 0.5 degrees, as the stack height change slackens it by 0.5 on its own.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yeah, its an oddball frame. 62mm bottom cup so I can only find the original fsa with shite unsealed bearings or a works components 1° minimum.

Other option is to see if someone can make me some shims for a more normal headset.

thepodge
    Free Member

I had some reducer cups in a Giant Trance that made it run a more conventional headset. No idea where they were from as I got the frame second hand. Shouldn’t be too difficult to get some made up but could be pricey if they end up being custom.

scaredypants

if the upper and lower cups are offset, I’d have thought that running either one of them the “other” way should pretty much retain your original haed-angle

P20

Should work as long as the fork clears the down tube

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

If you’re running 66, 65 feels a lot more like 66 than 67 does. In terms of climbing, it makes a marginal difference.

Works components will knock you up custom headsets if you ask them nicely, at least, they used to.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Angleset headsets…the wrong way around?’ is closed to new replies.