Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Angle of your saddle?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Was mocked for the angle of my saddle yesterday and also have lower back pain when riding, what angle should my saddle be at?

pix appreciated

jam-bo

dead level else my lower back hurts after about half hour riding.

simondbarnes

Level

Tail very slightly up, otherwise my nob goes numb whilst climbing

racing_ralph
    Free Member

right will fettle cheers

AndyP
    Free Member

what angle should your saddle be at? Whatever feels most comfortable to you! nobody else can decide that for you…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

read my first post andy – i am getting lower back pain and there must be a rule of thumb

AndyP
    Free Member

aye, the rule of thumb is 'whatever suits you'. level, or nose a bit up or nose a bit down. Experiment and see what's what!

oldgit
    Free Member

Dead level, checked with a spirit level.

trailmonkey

If you is a yute, den in muss be at 45 degrees wiv da back end down innit.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Nose a few degrees down according to Ned Overend. Works for me too 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nose about 1cm high for me – if its flat I feel like I am sliding forward all the time.

househusband

Concur with AndyP – depends on rider and saddle. Have an SDG Bel-Air on one bike and the nose is slightly up – Fizik Gobi XM on another and the nose is slightly down.

kiwijohn

Nose slightly up for me.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

If you have a full bouncer remember to take into acccount any changes caused by sag.

SeanOrange
    Free Member

Nose quite a few degrees down for me, otherwise I get lower back ache and numb balls.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Nose slightly up for me (5mm or so).

ojom
    Free Member

level for me but then my saddle is designed to be run flat as it has a perineal relief step. its lovely.

pinches
    Free Member

i run mine just about flat, maybe with the nose up a couple of mm otherwise i feel like i'm sliding off the front of it

grumm
    Free Member

Pretty much flat. See quite a few pics of people's bikes with the seat sticking right up at the front, weird. 😕

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Thebikechain – is that the same saddle you sold me? SBG or something?

If so the instructions say start off with it flat and if you feel you are sliding forward lift the nose a bit until you don't feel that.

IMO / IME the bst way to decide the angle is from that – if you feel you are sliding forward lift the nose, if you feel you are sliding back drop the nose.

Higher bars need a higher nose on the seat as well.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Angle of your saddle?’ is closed to new replies.