Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Andy Flower quits (cricket content)
  • allthepies
    Free Member
    zokes
    Free Member

“It’s KP or me”

Always a danger that someone will shake you by the hand and wish you well in your future endeavours somewhere else when you say things like that to your boss…

dannyh
    Free Member

To reiterate a comment I made on another thread, that’s KPs tally at two coaches and one captain he’s had a hand in ousting. Impressive stuff. 😉

dannyh
    Free Member

And just in case Pietersen has the self awareness (which I doubt) to ask the Balotelli question, the answer is the same as I would give Balotelli.

“Because you’re a ****”

zokes
    Free Member

Sorry, you will always come across as petulant and not able to cope with the job if you have to whine to your boss about one of your staff and say “it’s him or me”.

Anyway, he’s not been playing in the shorter games and they’re still a total shambles.

epicyclo

If it’s any consolation, his career is no longer in Ashes…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Perhaps it’s time for the cast of TMS to step up and take the job…

zokes
    Free Member

To reiterate a comment I made on another thread, that’s KPs tally at two coaches and one captain he’s had a hand in ousting. Impressive stuff.

He’s also helped England win The Ashes on four occasions, and has been top scorer on the two occasions since 2005 when we haven’t. So I agree, all his fault 🙄

barrytheflea
    Free Member

Do we think Ashley Giles is our saviour?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

not sure but I just posted the Ashes thread off to the ECB as part of the STW application.

zokes
    Free Member

😀

Bear
    Free Member

A sad day. One of the best coaches and managers we have ever had. Saying that he’s done 5 years in the job and think that 3-5 years is about right for the length of a coach or captain. Things can get stale. Hope he does go to the academy where he will influence every intake with his excellent coaching and work ethic.
    He took over at a difficult time but turned things around very quickly, never sought the limelight and managed Peterson better than anyone. He is a very tough man and brave for his stand against Mugabe so pieterson was not really daunting.
    I’m glad he left before the witch hunt really started shame it wasn’t more on his terms and at the end of a winning series.

We should be grateful for his input and wish him well for the future for he is one of the good guys in life.

zokes
    Free Member

Amen to that.

epicyclo

I think the Oz team will be very grateful for the ECB decision.

Although the English team got thoroughly whopped, I doubt a coach of his ability would allow that to happen the next year. I reckon he would be on fire to set things to rights.

dannyh
    Free Member

And so it rumbles on – now Ashley Giles has flown back from Australia specifically for one meeting with Alastair Cook and Paul Downton to discuss Pietersen’s international future. Nothing else on the agenda apparently.

There a lot of KP being ‘misunderstood’ going on at the moment. Again. I would say KP is the most ‘misunderstood’ England cricketer for decades. Either that, or he is just a disruptive and malign influence 🙄

Anyone remember that saying about ‘no smoke without fire’.

Does the metaphorical ‘house’ actually have to be in flames around some people before they recognise there is a problem?

Scamper
    Free Member

Of course England have done absolutely fantastic without KP in the one days and T20’s. Giles put himself in a difficult position describing him as a “million dollar asset” which alone could justify a meeting about one player. Even Swann gave KP his backing recently, or as much backing as someone who evidently does not like him can. Doesn’t KP have a central contract till the end of this summer? So he can either not be picked or sacked for breach of contract – either way the ECB better get their explanations ready as with if he is left out of the upcoming T20/ODI matches and world cup.

I was only thinking a week ago that on reflection I just didn’t think that ECB were giving the impression of an organisation who understood how serious a 5 nil was, deciding to back the coach and captain without any “reflection” as Flower put it. I concluded that I’d be half minded to sack them both, although a plan B for Cook at least, won’t have even been considered.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Andy Flower quits (cricket content)’ is closed to new replies.