Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Andy deals on clipless pedals around?
  • oldtennisshoes

Junior 1 wants to try some crank bros mallets and so needs shoes to go with them.
    More dh than XC style.
    Size 46/47.
    TIA

andy4d

Can’t help sorry 😆

andytherocketeer

Me neither 😉

oldtennisshoes

😆 took me a while! 😳

oldtennisshoes

You lot were useless 😆

So I hunted down some cheap Five Tens in an unfashionable colour

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/five-ten-maltese-falcon-mtb-spd-shoes/rp-prod144865

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Man posts on STW “Andy deals on clipless pedals around?” and is outraged when nobody finds him a pair of SPD shoes . 😀

oldtennisshoes

😆

Potential for the most useless thread of the year – I think I need a lie down in a dark room. 😳

aj87
    Free Member

I picked up a pair of the grey Maltese from CRC last week – Pretty impressed so far although they’ve only done about 50 miles, Mostly commuting with a little bimble around Derwent in the rain. They’ve proven to be comfy, warm and dry so far.

I’m also using them without any SPD’s at the moment (Not put the clipless pedals on the bike yet, so left the flat insert in the sole) and they’re pretty grippy even on my OEM plastic flats which had previously been hopeless. I lost my footing once but i’m sure if I was on some decent flats with metal studs they would have been fine.

scaredypants

Bah, I only opened this in anticipation of an answer for the Telegraph crossword 🙁

andytherocketeer

tbf, I did actually take a look at the 2 popular German stores when I did my first reply.

But that’s cos I fancied some new shoes too (but it’s wrong for a bloke to admit shoe shopping 😉 ). They had no deals anyway.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Andy deals on clipless pedals around?’ is closed to new replies.