Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Android wifi hotspot app
  • thepurist

Has anyone found a simple android app that’ll toggle between normal wifi and acting as a hotspot, turning the wifi back on when you turn the hotspot off and maybe even toggling mobile data at the same time, though I understand that’s tricky on Lollipop. Yes I know I can use settings shortcuts but this can’t be an uncommon requirement, yet none of the widgets or apps I’ve found so far have ticked all the boxes.

aracer
    Free Member

I may be missing something here, but when I turn the hotspot off on mine using the normal settings it automatically re-enables normal wifi and reconnects to my wifi hub. So the only thing you’d have to do separately is re-enable mobile data if you want to turn that off when being a hotspot. Have just tried and it took me about 5 seconds to disable hotspot, re-enable mobile data and it to reconnect to my home wifi.

4.0.4 here which is the most up to date I can get before I get round to rooting, so maybe they’ve “fixed” this in more recent versions.

thepurist

Yeah I think they have – Moto G mk1 running Lollipop and I need to switch everything separately.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Android wifi hotspot app’ is closed to new replies.