• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Android v Apple
  • sc-xc

Always used Apple products, just sort of fell into ownership of a number of iPhones, iPads, macs, airports etc.

Was looking for a tv box, so instead of the Apple TV, I bought an Amazon Fire Tv – it was £90 compared to the ATV £130.

Bricked after 2 days, Amazon offered replacement.

I’ll stick with Apple stuff in future. If this is Android it’s no wonder people pay that bit extra for something that works.

Drac

Ermmm!

zilog6128

Also I heard Amazon Fire TV voted Leave

scotroutes

bruneep

😆 ^^

Drac

Haha! Scotroutes.

aracer
    Free Member

Well said. Nothing made by Apple has ever failed, ever.

CraigW
    Free Member

The Amazon Fire is not really Android, its more like Amazon’s own bastardised version.

jimdubleyou

OP, can you explain why you didn’t want AirPlay & iTunes integration in the first place?

skids
    Free Member

apple tv is poor in the uk, no apps

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Heh….like STW needed more stuff to argue about.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP no need for the expensive Apple TV as at the moment the apps haven’t been developed, just get the basic one. If you have an iPhone/iPad you can use that to drive content (eg iPlayer) in addition to resident apps. The phone/app provides the extra functionality.

The old model Apple TV is £59 Linky

If you want to look at something else and don’t mind fiddling around a bit a Kodi box might be interesting (Google m8s). You can load the Kodi software onto your Mac and have a play. See this thread for a general discussion Linky

cookeaa

Oh do bore off OP.

Apple are amazing I’m sure, but I prefer not to join aspirational consumer cults if I can help it…

Now bugger off to your shrine and whisper a little prayer for my soul to the great lord Jobs…

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve always eaten bananas rather than apples. As it was cheaper I thought I’d buy a pear but I couldn’t work out how to eat it and it went mouldy. If this is typical of apples I’ll stick to bananas from now on thank you.

DrP

Literally the last time I picked up an Iphone it rained and my washing was out.

Nuff said, Android all teh way FTW l33t N00Bzzzz

DrP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Android v Apple’ is closed to new replies.