Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Android update – Samsung. Annoying!
  • A couple of weeks ago I updated to the latest version of Android (Kit Kat ?????) from JellyBean (Galaxy Note 2)

Overall seems fine, a few minor tweaks, but nothing to get excited about.

However – text messaging/Skype/WhatsApp etc, basically my dictionary when writing – used to store new words I created automatically and also suggest words that it knew I’d write e.g. XX at the end of a text to the Mrs.

Now it doesn’t – doesn’t even seem to have OK in the dictionary, despite writing it a thousand times.

Annoying as hell – anyone know a fix?

Will tootle off to the Android forums later.

*edit – sorry, wrong forum

adrec
    Free Member

The update to my HTC a couple of weeks ago removed the option of a T9 keyboard. Using this crap std keyboard is toilet. Takes forever and you need to concentrate so bloody hard on what your typing. Fuming with HTC/Google, absolutely fuming. They’re getting like Apple with their ‘we know best’ attitude. Thinking of replacing the os with Linux joli, works a treat on my laptop

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Which keyboard are you using? The Google keypad I’m using still does what your after. I couldn’t get on with the samsung one

adrec
    Free Member

I’m using a HTC One. Update was about a month ago

clubber
    Free Member

You’re getting your knickers in a twist over nothing. One of the great things about Android is that you’re not stuck with a single keyboard.

Sounds like your keyboard has changed with the update. Go to settings, find the keyboard settings (language and input iirc) and you’ll probably have a choice of different ones. Try them out and you’ll probably find your original one. If not then the Google keyboard app is good as is SwiftKey which is what I use but there are countless ones to choose from.

Cheers clubber, will have a look

dvatcmark – the Samsung swipe style one

clubber
    Free Member

Google and SwiftKey both do Swype. SwiftKey isn’t free though pretty cheap.

adrec
    Free Member

I’ve downloaded perfect key, which is OK, but not as good as the keyboard I had a month ago

clubber
    Free Member

You can probably download the apk file for your previous keyboard if you really can’t get on with another one.

Seems ‘word suggest’ had turned off – we shall see how it goes and I’ll take some of the advice above if no better. Cheers

clubber
    Free Member

Ah, user error 🙂

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Im on 4.1.2 on the note 2. Any good features with the update?

pacemaker
    Free Member

Bloody update has caused s note and the pen to stop working !!

S Note and pen still working here

Oh and clubber – do one, I’m still not convinced 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Android update – Samsung. Annoying!’ is closed to new replies.