• This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by P20.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Android TV: Thoughts/Experiences??
  • P20

Anyone using Android TV boxes? Half the price of the Apple TV and seeming have more flexibility. It would be to replace an old media extender. So main use it streaming music and able to shuffle and create playlists on the fly. Being able to have a slideshow of photos whilst music is playing would be good. I’d be interested in video streaming if its any good too.
    Cheers

kayak23

Half the price of the Apple TV and seeming have more flexibility.

About right for all their products then 🙂
    Sorry I’ve not seen it incidentally, but will check it out now thanks.

P20

I’ll admit I like apple stuff, but the TV looks limited. Have a look on dealextreme

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    P20

Anyone?

grantway
    Free Member

One of these G Box Midnight

Done a thread on this a while back, There are a few with these and different types
    Think i still be going for the Apple 2 just being we have Apple laptops
    There seems to be Jail broken with different format from Season Pass/XBMC/FODO/HULU
    no idea what is the best or what each one provides.

This was my thread Apple TV

P20

Cheers grantway, i’ll have a look at that.
    This is what i’ve seen (click pic for link to DX):

Only £50 from DX

tinribz
    Free Member

I’ve something similar to but notquite as good as this. Runs XBMC with vids from a USB HD, did work from a NAS too but found it sometimes struggled to connect.

Can use any app you care to download from the play store just like a phone or tablet, iplayer, DLNA server,youtube etc. Find it easier to use a cheap bluetooth mouse though. Has HDMI but no optical out on mine which might be better for music.

P20

I’ve gone for this one. Seems wrong as its only £10… I’ll take my chances for a tenner though

Android TV on eBay

grantway
    Free Member

HI P20 But can you get the films and TV channels the G Box Midnight does
    or is it simply a basic media machine as to speak. ?

Do come back and let us know what you get and your findings as this is the
    way to go from now on.

lalazar
    Free Member

Ive had one for a while and its perfectly fine. Its good for browsing and kids playing Fruit Ninja etc. Have just instslled XBMC seems to work OK. Gonna get another with updated software – at thd prices you cant go wrong.

P20

No huge surprise but, I’ve received an email from eBay this morning saying the £10 one is a scam and has been removed from eBay. 🙄
    Grant, I guess it’s a media box, it’s suggested that it runs the apps, games etc from the google store and that it should be able to stream media from pc or from a USB stick plugged into it.
    Lalazar, which unit do you have?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Android TV: Thoughts/Experiences??’ is closed to new replies.