Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Android tablets?
  • antozzi48
    Free Member

Hi Guys
    I’m looking at getting either a Kindle fire or the Nexus 7, my biggest concern is that i’ll want to be able to transfer data via usb from my Mio Cyclo as GPX files. Anyone had any experience with this as i’m worried that there might be some software conflicts like with Apple products, i could go to PC world and ask but i usually get blank expessions in those places! 🙄

weeksy

without sounding too harsh….

use the search button… we’ve done this a LOT latley and in great depth.

atlaz
    Free Member

That sounds like very niche usage. Why wouldn’t you connect it to a computer?

antozzi48
    Free Member

My laptops on its last legs and i dont use it for anything more than internet and media so i thought i’d have a go with the tablet! I can still use the missus’ laptop but it’d be nice to use the tablet for GPX. I’ll have a look on here for previous posts, cheers for the heads up.

mark90
    Free Member

I have a Nexus 7 and using an USB OTG cable and Nexus media importer app I can mount USB drives etc on the Nexus 7 can copy/stream data. One device I have tried but it failed to mount was my S2 phone. Don’t know if it will work with your cylo, seems to be a bit hit and miss with devices, see troubleshooting section…… http://nexususb.blogspot.co.uk/

joeyj
    Free Member

For the extra £40 go for the Samsung 10inch tablet on sale at Tesco would be my choice rather than a 7inch one. Not sure about transferring your gpx files

Cougar

The USB OTG cable can be had for buttons too; I’ve just bought one off Amazon for about four quid.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

The resolution on the nexus is a lot better than the Samsung which more than makes up for the screen size IMO.

mark90
    Free Member

This is the OTG cable I bought….

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290782467521

I_Ache
    Free Member

I think your only option for transferring USB files to a tablet is a MS Surface and that costs so much that you could buy a cheap laptop and a Nexus 7.

unovolo
    Free Member

I thought the Kindle fire was pretty much locked down to the AMazon/kindle eco system,doesnt even have access to the full Google App store.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Nexus 7 rooted. Job done.

antozzi48
    Free Member

I’d pretty much sold myself the Nexus 7 and you guys seem to have closed the deal, cheers. I’ll let you know if the Mio works with it or not!

Cougar

Why are you rooting, out of interest?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Why are you rooting, out of interest?

I’m a bit of a closet nerd and like doing stuff like that.

Cougar

Hehe (-:

I’ve not looked into rooting on the Nexus yet, is all. I’ve done it on previous handsets to install custom ROMs, would’ve thought there was less of a need to do that on a carrier-free Google device.

CountZero

Anyone had any experience with this as i’m worried that there might be some software conflicts like with Apple products

Specifically, out of interest?

Cougar

Like transferring files over USB, as per the OP?

duckers
    Free Member

I posted the best offer I could find (at PC World) in this post yesterday, http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/psa-samsung-galaxy-note-101-tablet-16gb-wi-fi

jon1973
    Free Member

without sounding too harsh….

use the search button… we’ve done this a LOT latley and in great depth

Why does it matter? are you paying for the server space or something?

antozzi48
    Free Member

Why does it matter? are you paying for the server space or something?

😆

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Android tablets?’ is closed to new replies.