Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Android tablet help
  • letmetalktomark

My MIL has given us her Asus Nexus tablet for LMTTM Jnr to use.

I’ve had a play and can see that I can set up a separate profile for him that limits his access to certain apps etc.

I’d like to download a few more apps from the Playstore but for this I need a login. No problem.

The thing it downloads all my emails etc from google mail etc. Now this is only on the admin profile bit but I would rather they weren’t there at all.

Can I have my cake and eat it by loading apps but not having my personal information on the device?

All help much appreciated 🙂

Cougar

You can disable syncing under settings / accounts (or similar). I’ll dig mine out if you can’t find it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Turn off the mail sync? In the app settings somewhere or create a second account for the tablet
    http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/65844/how-to-prevent-android-from-auto-syncing-gmail-contacts-and-photos-etc

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kelliesheros
    Free Member

Or another option. Create a new google account for your son (which you control and know the password for) and use that to log into the tablet.

I have done this for my kids, it means that they can use certain functions, such as hangouts, which they use to message and video call me when i am away. It also means that s they get older, they have a gmail account and if they want to purchase books, films etc, they are on their own account.

Knowing there account name and password, means i can set up all their accounts on my device, keep them seperate, but still monitor their usage.

Either way, works, it depend i think on how old your kids are, and how important keeping the usage seperate.

G

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Android tablet help’ is closed to new replies.