Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Android phone with good camera ?
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Wifes looking at new sim free android phones with a good camera as shes always taking pics of the grandaughter and the moto e she has isnt the best
    Been looking at the moto g , wiley fox swift and storm and the one plus two, any others worth considering ??
    Oh and it must have bags of storage for said pics 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

The Moto G is good in decent lighting conditions, but falls down a bit in low light situations.

It does seem better since the upgrade to Marshmallow, but this could be my imagination.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Samsung s6 or 7 stunning camera in low light

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

oldmanmtb – Member
    Samsung s6 or 7 stunning camera in low light

Too pricey , looking around £250 max

matt_outandabout

mikey +1
    Great camera until low light, but still OK in low light.

wildheart
    Free Member

I have a Moto X Play,great 21MP camera and right on your budget.
    Takes an SD card for extra storage too.

headfirst
    Free Member

Sony cameras in general in my experience take great photos. V happy with my Z3 compact, much better than previous galaxy phone.

EDIT: so an old model (Z3?) sony is my recommendation

CheesybeanZ

Very happy with our S5 .

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

headfirst – Member
    Sony cameras in general in my experience take great photos. V happy with my Z3 compact, much better than previous galaxy phone.

This is another reason ive been looking at the wiley fox storm as it uses a 20mp sony camera

steveoath
    Free Member

Xperia camera is brilliant. I’m using the z1 compact. Can get them for cheap now, but won’t be getting marshmallow update.

alpin
    Free Member

Again, another vote for Sony Xperia Z something or other.
    Had a Z1 compact which was good. Now have the Z3 compact, the GF the normal Z3.
    Camera is good and the burst mode is good for action shots /seeing the moment it all went wrong.
    Added benefit of being water and dust proof.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Moto g cameras not great.

Looks good on a phone or on a crap monitor.

Print them off or stick them on a high res monitor they are pretty average compared to even our cheapo 7 year old compact cam they are bright yes and the colours vivid but the detail is grainy

Good enough for posting online etc but I have a bunch of awesome shots that would look great on canvas but because they were taken on a phone with a meh camera will look crap. That is why I carry my compact on rides now

My mates xperia does photos on par with my compact

Rest of moto g is awesome though,

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The wifes Moto X Play camera seems very good, and a lot better than the one on my Sony Z3 compact.

windyg
    Free Member

Another vote for Sony Xperia.

whatgoesup

I agree really the moto g, the camera really isn’t great.
    the Galaxy s6 is pretty good, but so is the camera on the S3 I had previously. for a budget purchase you could do far worse than a used S3. the battery is replaceable so one in decent nick, pop a new battery in and you’re good to go.

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

LG G4. Amazeballs.

aracer
    Free Member

Paid £100 for mine in very good condition on ebay, amazed at the quality of the camera (and not really bothered about not getting marshmallow – at some point I guess I’ll root it and put cyanogenmod on if it becomes an issue).

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Oneplus 2 is decent, wait a few weeks for the 3.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Lg g4. Definitely.
    Will shoot RAW. Has manual settings. Though the auto setting is fantastic.

Look on YouTube. I’ve seen some vids of it being compared to a dslr camera and it’s good.

pablojm
    Free Member

honor 7 – good value, good camera, dual sim and good price

https://www.androidpit.com/honor-7-review

Lazgoat
    Free Member

There are a bunch of great Android camera phones: LG G4, Moto X Play and Nexus 5X, Samsung S6, Xperia Z3/4/5.

Use Google Photos for unlimited photo storage and backup.

trademark
    Free Member

My son has a Sony Experia Z3 – excellent pics from it.

It also happens to be a good phone.

nickjb
    Free Member

Sony Xperia is good when it works but not the most reliable phone. Very disappointed with mine and the warranty support from Sony. You might get lucky, but then again you might not.

steveoath
    Free Member

To counter… I’ve had no problems with my z1 compact. So much so that I have kept it and went sim only after a two yr contract.

sambob
    Free Member

disappointed with my Wileyfox swift camera

bigbloke
    Free Member

Xperia Z5 Compact here, camera is superb. Way outshines my wife’s Samsung. Phone is good too but so was my previous Sony Z1

colournoise

+1 for the S3 camera for a cheap option. WAY better than it has any right to be. Not brilliant in low light but acceptable, but in good light it’s very, VERY good.

Just got a Oneplus Two. Not really had chance to play with the camera yet though.

orena45

Happy with the photos on my new Nexus 5X – very good. Got mine on offer at Argos sim free, unlocked and 32gb model at £280, but as I work in local gov, used the Edenred staff discount to buy vouchers which brought it down to £260.

IA

5x off amazon warehouse is the one here.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve got a z5 compact and have always been disappointed with the camera, the images always seem grainy and quite heavily saturated in terms of colour.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Android phone with good camera ?’ is closed to new replies.