Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Android phone replacement
  • bikemike1968
    Free Member

All these people who are retiring their Sony Z3 compacts – Can I buy your phone case?!
    I’ve recently got a Z3 compact for my son, but I’m struggling to get a decent case , all the best ones are no longer made.
    So if you’ve got a nice strong protective case going spare I’d be really interested.
    Thanks, Mike

nre
    Free Member

I bought a Wileyfox Swift 2x when it was £150 at Amazon, very pleased with it so far for the money… But now it’s back to £210ish there are probably better deals around…

csb

Bikemike – sorry, my case disintegrated a while back so I binned it. Anyone know where to but cheap usb c cables?

Del

Another amazon g5 owner here. Android updates are rolled out quickly, which swayed me vs. the a3. Samsung are notorious for being slow to push updates and stopping updates for not very old phones.
    The g5 works every bit as quickly as the z3c, but doesn’t break as soon as you look at, and I can use the letter ‘p’ on the keyboard in portrait mode, which is nice. Common fault, software apparently, according to Sony.
    Z3 compact is unmitigated junk.
    Never again.

spooky_b329

I have a cheap crappy plastic case (opaque white) but it doesn’t offer much protection. I used to have a nice slim black bumper case with a clear back, when it fell apart I couldn’t find a similar replacement.

Best place to ask would be in the model specific section of a forum like XDA developers?

I think I’ve got a decent silicone/hardshell case for the HTC Desire if anyone is still running that classic! Someone was after one for a Tour Divide trip but they wanted a very light case so didn’t offer it.

Kryton57

I bought a Wileyfox Swift 2x when it was £150 at Amazon, very pleased with it so far for the money… But now it’s back to £210ish there are probably better deals around…

I almost bought that, the. A friend who changed to a G5 told me the camera on the G5 was superior/pics came out better if that matters.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anyone know where to but cheap usb c cables?

I bought a multipack of Olixar ones from MobileFun. Cheap, good quality. Two normal length, one stubby and a long one. MobileFun have always been reliable and quick for me.

ChrisL

So far it sounds like the G5 (maybe plus) is a good contender, but I won’t really think about this properly until I’m back from my holiday. Thanks again for all the comments!

My Z3 Compact’s case is just a transparent soft plastic thing, it’s a bit discoloured but it doesn’t add much bulk and it protects against scratches which is all I’m after, really. Not sure it’s worth selling on, it only cost a few quid to begin with!

johnnystorm

Hold on a teensy while as the g5s and g5s plus are soon to be released and offer a performance bump for not much more over the g5.

andykirk
    Free Member

I love the Z3. Just bought my third one from Ebay for about 120 quid.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Well the G5 arrived today. Nice Gold colour, only prob is she thinks its tacky. So its going back. F******ing women.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Huawei P8 lite purchased from PC world for £150. Thats a saving of 50 notes for anyone thinking of a new budget phone.
    Early days but its a lot nicer than the Moto 5 that she didn’t like.

Kryton57

Gold? Jeez.

stumpy01

Kryton57 – Member
    Gold? Jeez

Loads of phones are available in gold now – not my thing, but it can look quite good.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Re USB-C cables.

I bought ANKER cables and converters (micro usb to usb c) from Amazon. All been brilliant.

scotroutes

I have the Samsung A3 2015. Bought mainly due to the size, as it was replacing a Z1C.

Can’t fault it really. More internal memory would be nice I guess. Samsung tweaks aren’t excessive. It’s just had a OS upgrade. If this broke I’d likely just go for the newer version.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Android phone replacement’ is closed to new replies.