Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Android phone – Recommendations & deals
  • peakprowler
    Free Member

My contracts up, any good deals about on Android phones and/or recommendations welcomed.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i've got a g1, its ok but nowhere near as good (in terms of ease of use) as the vario ii that i had before.

vrapan
    Free Member

The Motorola Droid seems to be getting good reviews but does anyone sell it here? Nexus One might also be a good bet or one of the latest HTC with Android?

I played with the HTC Hero but can't say I'd prefer it to my iPhone. Why do you want an Android one? Have you checked the Palm Pre at all?

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Nexus One – but you can't get them with a contract in Europe yet. I hear Vodafone will be the operator that do them, but I don't know when.

glenh
    Free Member

IanMmmm – Member
    Nexus One – but you can't get them with a contract in Europe yet

Of course you can:

http://www.google.com/phone

EDIT: woops, though you said withOUT an contract!

Still, it could well turn out cheaper without, depending on your usage

rOcKeTdOg

htc hero android until nexus one is released

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

Apparently you can get the Motorola Droid (renamed to Milestone) from Expansys in the UK on a T-Mobile contract.

http://www.expansys.com/

Pembo
    Free Member

Nexus is excellent. A guy I work with just had one shipped from the US so I had a play around with it and compared it to my HTC magic. The screen is fantastic and much better than the iPhone, processor is also really fast so the apps fly. If you can wait until it comes out on contract do so.

colin@rush
    Free Member

Vodafone are doing good deals on a magic, £25month for pretty much unlimited everything and a free phone and i think its just been confirmed that the magic is getting the android 2.1 update in a couple of months which includes HTC's Sense UI…

nickname
    Free Member

Get the Nexus if you can, else the Motorola Droid, else the HTC Hero 🙂

I have the Hero, and it's good, but the Nexus is better 🙂

jeffl

Got a Hero aka G2 from T-Mobile earlier this month. After much faffing they were the cheapest with a free phone 300 mins talk, 300 texts and "unlimited" internet for £27.50 on an 18 month contract. Tried to get Orange and 3 to price match but they couldn't.

So far loving the phone. Only thing I'd say is that it doesn't last that long away from the mains if you use the features a lot. Normally get 2 days of normal usage (phone, internet, music etc) but can kill it in a day if hammering it.

Only real fag is that HTC sync doesn't support Windows 7, the marketplace is somewhat random. One day it can find an app, the next day it can't. Also bit fussy about the video formats it supports.

spacemonkey

Only real fag is that HTC sync doesn't support Windows 7, the marketplace is somewhat random.

Yes it does. Do a Google on something like "HTC hero sync vista windows 7" and you'll find an article that shows you how to download the Vista drivers and then change something in one of the files. Syncing with W7 will then work.

jeffl

@SpaceMonkey

Thanks for the tip, I've seen a couple of articles on it but can't really be arsed putting dodgy vista drivers onto my nice clean install of Windows 7 64 bit.

From what I've seen I'm not really missing much though. Just slightly annoying that a relatively new phone doesn't support Win7 out of the box when the Mrs's old Sony Ericsson does.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Android phone – Recommendations & deals’ is closed to new replies.