Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Android phone GPS better than my new Garmin Edge 500???
  • dexterbexley
    Free Member

Just recorded the same ride in the woods on my android phone using strava and my new Garmin edge 500 – when both are loaded into Strava or Garmin Connect, the phone is much more accurate…it recognises sections that I’ve made in the past that the Edge track missed.

Is there a way of improving the accuracy of the Edge or did I just waste a bunch of cash?

druidh
    Free Member

My Edge 705 has a feature called “Smart Recording”. That restricts the number of GPS observations logged. Is yours doing something similar?

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Apparently the Edge 500 is always smart recording unless anyone can correct me?

sgn23
    Free Member

One of the more recent firmware updates added an option to do 1-second recording, which is more accurate.

dexterbexley
    Free Member

Awesome, thanks – didn’t realise there was a setting to change. For anyone that find this in the future:

Menu > Settings > Bike settings > Data Rec > Data recording

Choice of smart or 1 second recording.

Mackem

My android phone always seems to add 500m of climbing compared to the Garmin. This may or not be good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Android phone GPS better than my new Garmin Edge 500???’ is closed to new replies.