• This topic has 43 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • android pay
  • aracer
    Free Member

It never has been £30 with Android Pay – that’s the limit for use with a card, and is also the point at which you have to put in the unlock code on the phone (it doesn’t work just with the phone unlocked, so it doesn’t matter if you leave the phone unlocked). As discussed above it’s also a hard limit some retailers have.

I’ve done a quick check, and can’t find mention of any upper limit beyond £30 – not in the info on my bank website, or even on any other bank website of those I’ve checked. No mention at all of £100 which I’m sure was originally the upper limit. The implication being that there is no upper limit!

swedishmatt
    Free Member

I like it.

IKEA: I paid for a wardrobe for 200 odd quid.
    Asda and coop: 30 quid limit

Watch out; one time I was asked to present the card during a purchase in coop. It seems every X amount of transactions in the store have to have a card presented when attempting contactless pay.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Aracer. It’s the store that decides and to do with the store needing to upgrade their payment systems

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘android pay’ is closed to new replies.