Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Android Pay – insert card
  • aracer
    Free Member

So it appears I still need to carry some other form of payment than my phone – what a waste of time. The first time the terminal said “insert card” when I tried to use Android Pay it put it down as a freak occurrence, but it just happened again. Fortunately I hadn’t got much shopping so had just enough cash.

Anybody else had issues with this, know why it’s happening, or how to avoid it?

acidtest
    Free Member

Always works for me unless I’ve reached the limit for the day. Maybe your app or android version needs updating?

BoardinBob

The first time the terminal said “insert card” when I tried to use Android Pay it put it down as a freak occurrence, but it just happened again.

Sometimes my contactless bank card doesn’t get picked up properly (and it’s within the £ limit) and I have to insert it. Tech doesn’t always work.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    aracer
    Free Member

I’ve used it successfully several times between the times I’ve had a problem, so I don’t think it’s a problem with the app (and I’ve just checked and it’s up to date).

Unfortunately you can’t insert a phone if it doesn’t work and that’s the only form of payment you’re carrying – which is why this issue potentially makes Android Pay pointless.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Android Pay – insert card’ is closed to new replies.