• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nach.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Android lollipop – annoying loss of function
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

So OK Im not the most techie person out there, but what I do know is that only mugs go for first wave upgrades so I waited a while before installing Lollipop on my Galaxy S5

Mistake

On the whole I cant tell the difference except I have lost all of the lock screen stuff which was actually really useful:

Visible alert signs for texts and/or emails
    My phone still flashes the blue LED when there is an unread message but it would be good to be able to see if this was a spam email or a more important text from the lock screen which was easy from the previous OS

Music player control
    Aaargh – Spotify or the native player are both affected
    I used to be able to pause, FF or stop from the lock screen but am now stuffed
    This is a minor hassle at home or work when you need to unlock the phone, then open Spotify, then go to the relevant control panel to do your stuff but whilst driving/cycling/etc its a major inconvenience

I used to be able to hit the main button and have basic functionality – now its a full unlock job then navigating through several sub menus

Aaaargh again

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I get full previews of all my messages/texts/emails/notifications on the lock screen in raw android on the Nexus. Try Settings>Notifications and you can say what happens on the lock screen and specify individual app settings.

Again have full control over Spotify on the lock screen.

Sounds like either some settings or something Samsung have added on top of standard Lollipop.

jools182
    Free Member

It’s a load of shit

Got it on my HTC one and I’m not impressed

Messages from whatsapp now appear in an annoying drop down box at the top of the screen, and while it’s there you can’t use anything else until it disappears

Also silent mode decides it will switch to 2 bars of volume completely on its own

Bag of

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sounds like the stuff people are putting on top is the problem. Notification for me are more unobtrusive.

nach
    Free Member

Also think Lollipop is **** on the HTC One M8. As well as notification stuff, tabs and recent apps are merged into a badly designed screen that shows fewer things than before, and the headphone jack also suddenly stopped working (advice is “Backup, do a factory reset and it might start working again”).

Android was pretty good for a few years recently, but this feels like it did around 2010. I want a phone, not a **** ing project.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Android lollipop – annoying loss of function’ is closed to new replies.