Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Android (Hudl) Remote Support Application
  • SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Bought my mum a Hudl for Christmas which she loves but occasionally gets stuck. Anyone got any recommendations for apps which enable full remote control of an Android device from PC or Mac and don’t cost the earth?

I use LogMeIn Central at work but you apparently need Rescue to support Android and it’s very pricy. Teamviewer QuickSupport is a free app for the device but looks like it needs a full license for control. Most of the other software I’ve looked at (Bomgar etc) seems to be more aimed at the corporate / telco market.

Have also tried Airdroid but it just gives access to files and call / message control, not full screen sharing. Even screenshots needs the device to be rooted.

Any others I should be looking at?

verses

Skype her with the forward facing camera pointing at a mirror, then tell her what to press 🙂

</only_semi_joking>

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

LOL – in desperation I had actually considered that option if truth be told.

If the Skype screen sharing option worked on the Hudl then that would at least be a start!

Bless her she’s giving it a go but it’s often basic stuff like entering the wrong passwords and accidentally swiping emails into her archive that she struggles with.

She only realised last week that she could use the keyboard in Google. She’d been doing all her web searches by talking to it previously and was getting increasingly (and vocally) frustrated with it…which had predictable consequences in terms of search results.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Android (Hudl) Remote Support Application’ is closed to new replies.