Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Android Help – HTC Wildfire
  • Haze

Don’t know if this is specifically a Wildfire thing or (as I suspect) an Android one, but does anyone have trouble with apps randomly launching themselves in the background? News, Stocks, Market etc.

I have a task killer installed to close them all down but it’s a pain in the ass to keep checking for them. Woke this morning to find my phone had switched itself off overnight and consequently my alarm hadn’t gone off.

Turns out that the battery had ran out after being near enough fully charged when I left it.

Any tips?

Del

either stick it in airplane mode or just go into the menus for the apps that are downloading and stop them from connecting every five minutes. if it’s not immediately obvious hit the menu button when the app is maximised.
    they were all switched off by default on my desire.

crikey
    Free Member

You can decide what updates and when.

I always turn all that sort of stuff off and never use it again. Also try turning off your wifi and mobile data until you need them.
    Task killers are not that useful if you are running later versions of android, and can use up power rather than saving it.

Haze

I was wondering if there was a global setting I was missing without resorting to airplane mode or switching off wifi/3g as I’ll need these for work email etc.

Any way to uninstall these?

Or I guess I can plod through them as when they arise…

Cheers 🙂

cranberry
    Free Member

Go to Settings -> Accounts and Sync.

There you can select what you want to sync automatically.

Now, anyone know where the settings are for setting up my Vodafone voicemail ( why did I ever set it to call me if I had missed a call ? ) ?

stumpy01

I was wondering if there was a global setting I was missing without resorting to airplane mode or switching off wifi/3g as I’ll need these for work email etc

I always turn wi-fi/3g off when not using it as it kills the battery. You can get icons for the home screens to turn them on & off really quick
    If you press the on-screen + button, then select widget & settings you get a load of icons that enable you to quickly turn things on & off.

I use mobile (3g data), wi-fi, GPS & bluetooth. There’s also a widget I think that has them bundled together.

Cougar

Task killers are not that useful if you are running later versions of android, and can use up power rather than saving it.

+1. Task killers are widely regarded as a bad idea.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Android Help – HTC Wildfire’ is closed to new replies.