Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Android heart rate monitor that links to Strava recommendations please
  • Lesanita2
    Free Member

My Garmin Edge 305 is on its last legs now I find I also take my Android phone with me on rides so I’m thinking that lots of people must be linking their heart rate monitor strap to their Android phones with some sort of transmitter that plugs into the phone and then that would allow seamless link to Strava.

any recommendations please

Thanks on advance.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Im looking at similar….from my reading of it the phone will need to be Bluetooth Low Energy compatible and running 4.4 android or newer. I’m looking at WahooTickr range, although plenty of cheaper Bluetooth heart rate belts on Amazon etc. The wrist bands look interesting too. DC Rainmaker likes the Scosch+ wrist HRM…worth a read through his recommendations.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Ah sorry..realised you want to connect your garmin hrm..there are ways and a small number of phones have ANT+ connection build in that allows this, otherwise you’ll need to buy an ANT+ dongle and the phone will need to allow OTG afapter cable thingy, and you’ll need to put ANT+ enabling apps on. Easier to get Bluetooth belt if you ask me….if phone allows it.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I just got the Polar H7, just used it a few times but it seems pretty good. It works with strava, Bluetooth so no cable needed into your android phone.

jam-bo

Mio fuse. Ant+ and Bluetooth le so you can use it with your phone and garmin.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im using the bluetooth chest strap from Lidl with my Android phone, works well and for £15 its a bloody bargain.
    I’ve had it perhaps 10 months and I’ve had to change the battery recently and thats it.

RickSpangle
    Free Member

What Bigyin said

+1 for the Lidl HRM

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve just had a Polar H7 that links via bluetooth to most devices and uses the Polar Ant stuff to the kit in the gym.

bombjack
    Free Member

Bluetooth chest strap from Aldi, £15 and syncs with my Android phone (inc Strava) no probs. Also compatible with a heap of other HRM apps off the App store.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Aldi chest strap purchased. Thanks everyone.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Android heart rate monitor that links to Strava recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.