Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • And whilst I'm ranting, parents who let their kids rude with no helmet!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Classic yesterday on high peak trail with our kids, my little lad mincing down one of the inclines, only 5 so I'm telling him to stay on th brakes etc, another family come up behind, girl of about 8 or 9 can't slow down quick enough, goes into tank slapper mode and is promptly ejected over the bars!! Bang she goes down thankfully mostly on Knees and elbows but did bang her head a bit. No helmet. Why??

clubber
    Free Member

1/10

Repeat of well used theme. No swearing, random capitalization, poor spelling, excessive punctuation or etc.

Typo in subject line isn't even decent.

Must try harder.

iDave
    Free Member

in what way was she being rude?

BigDummy
    Free Member

More to the point, why are you training your child to be a brake-dragging mincer?

Good technique is far more important to safety than helmet wearing. 😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Learn to type man, did you get a bang on the head when you were a child ??

Unless its law no reason why she should wear a helmet is there.

When I was a lad we all used to cycle wthout helmets, never did us any harm… appart from maybe the 1 in 100,000 who died from head injury…

🙂

mrsgrips
    Free Member

So upset you forgot your 'i's 🙂

But I wholly agree with you. In my personal opinion ALL cyclists should be wearing helmets. Though I know so many disagree.

wrightyson
    Free Member

And where is the spelling mistake mr teecher??

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Lame troll.

clubber
    Free Member

There were no spelling mistakes, that was my point – proper rants have enough fury to make a few mistakes guaranteed.

Jamie
    Free Member

You must be bored OP. Has the Daily Mail been delivered late or something?

Xylene
    Free Member

i dunt got y peeple leet ther kidz were helmetts nut clozed. wot iz da pount of it?

iDave
    Free Member

And where is the spelling mistake mr teecher??

you still have a spelling mistake in your title – when you edited patent into parent, you forgot to change rude into ride

hth

was your 'group' spread out across the whole trail?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Rude with no helmet! I still love my iPhone!

fadda

It used to bother me, too. Until I realised that compulsory helmets would discourage some people from riding, which would be a bad thing.

And I have some good reasons to be a helmet Nazi…

nickc

My kids rode around some woods without helmets. There were terrible dangers…Too many blackberries were eaten, there were sword fights with fallen branches, and the rope swing creaked pretty alarmingly.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Why is it when you have a slight rant you're accused of reading the daily fail. As I've said before I adhere to the builders code and only read rhe sun

nickc

Sun = Daily Mail, but with better tits

LHS
    Free Member
    Jamie
    Free Member

….and less Diana.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If rude kids wear helmets it hurts them less when you have to thwack them on the back of the head.

rOcKeTdOg

Think of the twisting/torsional injuries she could have suffered if she was wearing a helmet [/TJ mode]

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i don't think cycle helmets even existed when i was a kid?!

jon1973
    Free Member

….and less Diana.

..and less on how kids riding without helmets will affect house prices.

GrahamS

If they don't get a decent crack on the head every once in a while then how are they going to learn their limits?

(thinks back to childhood: blasting about on my Striker, doing "ghosties" at full speed to see how far it would go, climbing trees to the twigs at the top – no helmet or adult in sight)

ocrider

Sure they did. Brain Jacks always wore one on Superstars.

Cougar

They wouldn't have protected from the kicking that would have been administered for "being gay" anyway.

Trimix
    Free Member

Bet they were not even wearing elbow & shin pads and a spin protector either. Terrible.

augustuswindsock

I had my 4 year old out this morning in the park, he's just getting used to pedalling and was moaning that his helmet was uncomfortable and making his head sweaty, I just took it off him, I'd rather he was riding without a helmet than not riding at all. However, if (when?) we're doing anything more challenging I'd be insisting it stay's put!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘And whilst I'm ranting, parents who let their kids rude with no helmet!!’ is closed to new replies.