• This topic has 92 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by poah.
Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • And what do points mean……?
  • Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

jamie well, I liked it 😆

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

…hmmm, it seems your memory is as bad as your attitude when in a car.

Someone’s had a productive morning. Still doesn’t mean what you think it means.
    Try doing something that matters now.
    I thought half term had finished.

cynic-al
    Free Member

captainsasquatch, have you ever thought about joining the Lodge of Big Hitters?

mattyfez

I welcome the idea, but there are so few police on the roads it just seems like lip service.

Ok the odd person that gets caught will be in a world of pain and rightly so, but statistically speaking, it’s business as usual and people will continue to eat their bowl of coco pops on the morning commute.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The only time I have to post on here these days is whilst I’m driving 🙁

bikebouy
    Free Member

Can you lot type in BOLD please, I’m having to squint reading this.

bails

Surrey RPU have posted this on their Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/SurreyRoadCops/status/836630728561549312/photo/1

jambourgie
    Free Member

Lolz at ‘Captain Business-Park’ shouting ‘JUST OBEY THE LAW’

😀

DezB
    Free Member

Question. If your phone is attached to a windscreen holder, are you ok to touch it to make calls, hang up, enter sat nav details etc ? Or is it an offence to simply touch the thing.

Me and singletrackmind was driving back from a ride on the weekend – van in front in the slow lane – I says – “He’s on the phone in front”. STM says “How can you tell?” – well, being Iggy Pop in this case (thanks Jamie), I was watching the van as it was unable to hold a position in the lane, wasn’t swerving about violently, just enough to know th driver wasn’t paying full attention to what he was doing. We get next to him – phone is in a holder on the dash, he’s leaning forward over the wheel tapping the screen. STM leans on the horn, van man doesn’t even notice.
    So yeah, it has to include that as well.

I’m still allowed to play with my iPod Classic whilst driving, so I’m glad about that.

Sandwich

I’ve had to give commentated drives

[wilful mis-understanding] Horse racing or footy? [/wilful mis-understanding]

franksinatra

That Surrey guidance is the first time I’ve seen any clear guidance on this.

I have my phone in Android Auto mode, stuck on a magnetic CD slot mounted holder. It is bluetooth connected and if I need to make a call I use voice activation to do this, I do not need to touch the phone at all. I listen to music on Spotify via the phone and occasionally will fast forward or swap a track by pressing one button on the phone. I use phone sat nav but always use voice to operate this. I may toggle between spotify and satnav by pressing once on the phone screen. I am never holding the phone.

By my reading of the rules I am legal. Anyone disagree?

nealglover
    Free Member

Anyone disagree?

No.

I do pretty much the same as you. Works great.

poah
    Free Member

or use a cycle if you want to use your phone while commuting

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘And what do points mean……?’ is closed to new replies.