Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 222 total)
  • …and there were only 76.
  • Harry_the_Spider

Ooops.

£1,400,000 worth of Aston Martin 1-77 stuffed. 😳

Northwind

Shouldn’t have let that James Bond drive it.

Edukator
    Free Member

Assuming no other vehicle/cyclist/predestrian was involved, good riddance to bad rubbish.

Kuco

That buff out 🙂

fadda

That’ll polish out, surely…

(whoops, indeed!)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bad rubbish?

:facepalm:

dogbert
    Free Member

such a shame all these beautiful high powered supercars are driven by **** who clearly cannot drive for toffee. for example:

I live happy in the knowledge that I can’t afford these cars so have no chance of crashing them anytime soon

zimbo
    Free Member

I live happy in the knowledge that I can’t afford these cars

I live depressed in the knowledge that anyone has that much money to be able to spend 1.4 million quid on a car. What’s wrong with a nice low-mileage Polo?

Kuco

But saying I smashed up my Ferrari sounds better than saying I smashed up my Polo 🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

What use are these not so super cars? Law breaking or pulling women you wouldn’t with somebody else’s seem the only potential uses to a man that generally travels with more than one other person and several bicycles. If you really want a car for driving pleasure then a Caterham beats anything thats costs over 100k.

Pointless bling for the superficial.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hair shirts all round!

Kuco

I guess spending 100k for a lot of these people who own these cars is the equivalent of the average person spending 15k on a car.

Edukator
    Free Member

No, the equivalent of an average person buying a bicycle from Halfords.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I assume, Edukator, that you’re using a slow old computer on a dial up modem. In a house lit only by tallow candles. After all, anything else is just pointless bling………

donsimon
    Free Member

They’re beautiful looking pieces of kit bought by people with lots of dosh.
    Why should there be anything else to it?

Harry_the_Spider

If I was hyper-rich I’d have one.

andyl
    Free Member

Was sat in a local car park the other day and a guy in an Aston Martin DBS convertible pulled in. It was a bit long for the space and he picked a space with loads of bushes protruding into it and just kept going crunching the bushes until he was a few inches off the wall.

He just didn’t seem to care about the damage to the paintwork or the headlight lenses.

Edukator
    Free Member

A multi-corp processor fed from a fibre optic connection that will upload this post at 37 Mbps in a house that produces nearly twice the electricity it consumes. Anything else wouldn’t be sustainable development.

project
    Free Member

£1,400,000 worth of Aston Martin 1-77 stuffed.

Obviously somebody has put the decimal point in the wrong place,at least it didnt involve a cyclist getting hit.

Harry_the_Spider

Nope. They are £1.4m.

donsimon
    Free Member

Maybe he’s got a spare or 9. 😯
    http://www.exoticexcess.com/
    $1.4m BTW. 😉

project
    Free Member

1.4 million for a car, when theres poor people out here who cant afford a new bike, or a new camera etc.

cynic-al
    Free Member

What’s your point project?

scaredypants

One man bought 10 Aston Martin One-77 cars for his family. At the cost of $1.4 million each, the man wrote a check for $23 million.

Not quite the sharpest billionaire then ? 😉

Edukator
    Free Member

On the bright side it might have provided a job for someone that couln’t afford a new bike. Someone can sell 40 or 50 hours a week of his/her life so that someone else can pay a large sum for an expression of bad taste that includes an little widget made by the person that couldn’t afford a bike until Aston ordered a part from some sweat shop in a “developing” land.

donsimon
    Free Member

Not quite the sharpest billionaire then ?

Extended warranty, innit? 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*decides to ignore the pointless trolling*

Edukator
    Free Member

And raving about grotesque expressions of extreme wealth isn’t trolling?

scaredypants

Extended warranty, innit?

Or might cover the 1st year’s premiums, I suppose

Jamie
    Free Member

What’s your point project?

He wants a new camera?

coogan
    Free Member

Their money, they can spend it how they like. Get over it.

nick1962
    Free Member

I’m with Edukator on this one.
    Even if I had billions my “luxury car” would be a basic diesel Audi estate.
    That would clearly mean down car-ing for some STWers.

zimbo
    Free Member

I’m with Edukator on this one.

Me too. I’d rather live in a society without sink estates full of people living on the breadline, and without the vulgar rich who can afford to spend that sort of money on a poxy car.

project
    Free Member

Sadly some people have more money than brain cells to spend so extravagantly on a vehicle that does the job of any other vehicle transfers its passengers from a to b in most weathers, while being seated.

and shame on aston martin for chargeing such an inflated price for a vehicle, when it could and should be produced down to a budget, not up to a price tag.

cant understand why people ar obviously supporting the idea that its ok to pay that much, OBVIOUSLY TROLLS, WITH SMALL MINDS OR BORED.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Go on then poverty enders, how will you do it.

I presume none of you buy any luxury products?

terrahawk
    Free Member

I see this forum is still shite.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Sadly some people have more money than brain cells to spend so extravagantly on a vehicle ……..

Being a billionaire and not spending your money seems pretty daft to me, and rather pointless. Why do you think the smart ones wouldn’t spunk their money ?

cant understand why people ar obviously supporting the idea that its ok to pay that much

Spending £1.4 Million on a car is most definitely obscene imo, but it doesn’t suggest a lack of brain cells.

zimbo
    Free Member

Go on then poverty enders, how will you do it.

Taxation’s a good place to start. Close the gap between rich and poor and we’d live in a much nicer place.

Isn’t it great how so many of these threads end up in a left v right debate. It’s all politics kids! Ya basta!

zimbo
    Free Member

I presume none of you buy any luxury products?

Actually, last week I went for Lidl’s 65p shower gel instead of the usual 32p one. What the hell, you only live once.

donsimon
    Free Member

Taxation’s a good place to start. Close the gap between rich and poor and we’d live in a much nicer place.

Taking someone’s money away from them after they’ve worked hard and giving it to someone who doesn’t have the same vision and ambition is going to make the place nicer, how? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 222 total)

The topic ‘…and there were only 76.’ is closed to new replies.