• This topic has 41 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • and the calf went pop
  • jedi

last night at corby skatepark 🙁

iced and elevated all night now running tens through it .
    hope i can ride asap

lowey

Healing vibes Tony.

jedi

thanks 🙂

trying to heal 🙂

JohnnyPanic

now running tens through it .

Have you considered running a taser through it instead?
    Same electricity – just a bit more intense.
    Be healed in a jiffy… 😀

jedi

i pulled the plug off a lamp and did it there's something about mary styleee
    🙂 🙂

zaskar
    Free Member

Have you considered rest and a GP?

Did you hear the pop or did just feel bang there it goes? best rest for a few weeks to make sure it heals properly.

Ice for 10mins per hr max.

See your Gp/physio for advice and get back to 2 wheels asap but 6 wks min.

jedi

felt it!

oldgit
    Free Member

Not what you need, just don't turn up to your next client on crutches 😉

jedi

i wont 🙂

zaskar
    Free Member

Mine went pop once hammering away-hurt like hell.

After 3 months it didn't recover. Went to my Chiropractor who agreed that it was a tight glute-quick snap and stretch and I was up and riding away.

Give it a week to settle and double check it is your calf and not a trapped nerve -just in case as you could be back on the road/trail quicker.

jedi

cool

clubber
    Free Member

I saw a pigeon go pop when a bus drove over it (it was already dead, mind) – it made a right old mess on the road.

oh… I see what you meant… 😉

crazy-legs

Sounds like you could do with some coaching – learn how to ride skateparks, that kind of thing…

😉

GWS

jedi

i went to 360 the box and as i rotated i felt a spasm and couldnt put weight on leg 🙂

if i put tens machine on calf i can walk but not without

weird

Tony, I went to physio and got deep tissue massage when my calf muscle tore a few years ago. Was probably riding again in about 4-6 weeks.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Sorry to hear that man, hope you heal fast.

jedi

i reckon i will be able to ride friday 🙂

DrP

Not to scaremonger, but a calf going 'pop' during sport could certainly be a torn/ruptured achilles.
    Someone young and sporty like yourself would do a lot better having it surgically repaired rather than simply leaving it.

Simple test to try:
    Kneel on a chair with your foot hanging over the edge (toes to the floor), and squeeze the calf gently. The foot SHOULD start to 'point' in an upward direction. If it doesn't, that reinforces the idea of a ruptured achilles……..
    Might be worth a trip to the Doc's…

DrP

jedi

i can do that pain free

crikey
    Free Member

Google gastrocnemius tear to find out more, and help differentiate between Achilles and other rupture.
    My top tip; no brufen or other nsaid, they interfere with healing, and you want it to heal well at your age…

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Muscle tears don't really pop..but ligaments do! From the above posts it sounds like muscle. Key thing is to let it settle down properley and this may take a couple of weeks (to settle down, not heal. It's hard to have the discipline but pushing it too early can really hamper recovery.

jedi

wil strapping it help?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

A proper diagnosis and probably some physio would be better. Take a long term view, you don't want to make it worse.

Smee
    Free Member

Tell me more about it. Do it on FB if you want.

jedi

message me so i know who you are 🙂

zaskar
    Free Member

Google: How to make an appt with your GP 😉

lyons
    Free Member

go to see a physio mate, seeing as its now your living, it's got to be worth 30 pounds to get checked properly, i can reccomend a very good one in Hemel Hempstead if you have no one.

jedi

physio booked for the morning

goan,thank you and yours 🙂

Smee
    Free Member

No problem – look after yourself.

jedi

high5 🙂

spanishbarry
    Free Member

Use the force – Jedi

richcc
    Free Member

I may have had something similar a few months ago. 35 minutes through a games of squash and felt like I'd been punched hard or been hit with the ball on my calf. My Internet assisted diagnosis was a torn gastroc muscle. I knew I wasn't going to run it off. Went to doc but pretty worthless. Had physio through work which was excellent. She explained what I'd done, gave massage to prevent haematoma (clotting in the muscle) and some ultrasound. Was biking again after a month or so but haven't run properly and it's been about 3 months

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I tore my thigh muscle twice playing rugby, the second time it made a loud pop. Very painful and couldn't walk properly for several days and running was out of the question for weeks. Good luck on your recovery! 😆

jedi

thanks

jedi

gastroc slight tear. accupunctured and sore but bit betterer 🙂

painkillers and strapping for tomorrow :O

genesis
    Free Member

Healing vibes.

jedi

thanks man. i cant walk on it properly but at least i can ride a bit 🙂

genesis
    Free Member

Still can't do either, my right ankle has swollen up in sympathy with my left knee!

jedi

my mate suggested amyll nitrate tablets to relax the calf…………….. i reckon he fancies me lol

genesis
    Free Member

lol. Have 400mg Ibuprofen and Co-Codamol to munch 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘and the calf went pop’ is closed to new replies.