Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • …..and she’s done (pics)
  • owenfackrell
    Free Member

I really like the yellow but not the red accents.

bomberman
    Free Member

well trail_rat… if his seatpost is up his backside and he has a stupid long stem like that then maybe he could do with a bigger bike? There is no way i would run a stem that long because the rocks we ride over would send me flying. I was squashed in the cockpit on my bike until i put a layback seatpost on and it is fine – in fact having the weight further back gives me more rear wheel traction on the climbs. And i live in calderdale so there are a few climbs.

This Myth that running a shorter stem will make you do wheelies on steep hills is what’s comical. unless you don’t know how to adjust your riding positon depending on the terrain in which case you’re probably best with a longer stem anyway.

It depends how rocky your trails are and how much you value being able to steer.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I like it, apart from the obvious red neoprene accessories. Black would be better for the chainstay protector and chris king would be better for the headset – the headset protectors look disgusting and just hold water in the headset anyway. As for the stem/seatpost – if you’re comfy then I can’t get why people are criticising.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i live in calderdale

and therefore know what size stem someone needs?

logic is a bizzare thing in the north! 😀

bomberman
    Free Member

And i live in calderdale so there are a few climbs.

and i get up them alright with a 60mm stem and layback seatpost. southern wind-up merchants on STW shocker!

schwimoid
    Free Member

Think putting a shorter stem and layback would be a poor idea, with a layback your weight would be to far over the back, wheelie central,

If you want to change stems get one the same length with a 4 bolt face plate, get rid of some of that flex!

If anything lose the lizard skin headset boots, all they do is hold moisture.

There is no way i would run a stem that long because the rocks we ride over would send me flying.

unless you don’t know how to adjust your riding positon depending on the terrain

Bomberman, the man who contradicted himself!

therealhoops
    Free Member

A shorter stem would cock up the rather amazing ride, been there done that. This (believe it or not) is my cross country bike. The 100mm stem is perfect for long hauls in the Peaks. I doubt the layback post would work for me as I’m long on legs/short on body.

It’s all about personal choice.

ps. I live nowhere near Calderdale

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘…..and she’s done (pics)’ is closed to new replies.