Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • And people think the trolls on here are a pain…
  • CountZero

…compared to this creep, though…!
    Unmasking Reddit’s Violentacrez, The Biggest Troll on the Web
    http://gawker.com/5950981/

julianwilson
    Free Member

Blimey 😯

Although this bit sounds familiar 😉

All the while, Violentacrez’s critics cried out the same refrain: “How does he get away with this?” One reason Violentacrez continued to occupy such a high-profile position on Reddit was of course his free speech rhetoric. But Violentacrez has historically had a close relationship with Reddit’s staff, a fact far less well-known than his controversial behavior. Violentacrez was a troll, but he was a well-connected troll. He told me he was close with a number of early Reddit employees—many of whom have now moved on—chatting with them on IRC or sometimes even on the phone.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

WTF do ostensibly normal, mature, intelligent, adults feel the need to act like complete & utter fekin pr1cks?

samuri
    Free Member

I have never heard of reddit before. Having visited it, I wish I never had. Is it where stupid people gather? [1]

[1] Obviously I mean if they’re not here.

Jamie
    Free Member

But Reddit’s laissez-faire attitude towards offensive speech has led to a vast underbelly that rivals anything on the notorious cesspool 4chan.

4Chan will be pleased.

bigG
    Free Member

Reddit looks intelligent when compared to 9gag.

If you know where to look, there’s some decent stuff on reddit

user-removed
    Free Member

Quite frankly, I struggle with long sentences, and it is shit.

And you’re quite right, the trolls on here might take the piss out of your patio and the state of your Jimmy Saville tribute statue, made out of papier mache, but at least they ain’t killing the beautiful idea that was once the internetz.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The best bit is having used Freedom of Speech to defend all he did then want to remain anonymous because it would make him a target and make his life harder – ah bless.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘And people think the trolls on here are a pain…’ is closed to new replies.