Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • And in new news (IS war content).
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

You know how the “west” keeps trying to outline definite areas of engagement, crystal clear zones of operation, allied to suitable factions with a definite time scale and outcome?

It’s about to get a lot muddier. They don’t like the Kurds or President Asshat OR IS and now…

“In a separate development, Turkish tanks have taken up positions on a hill along the border near the Syrian town of Kobane after several shells hit Turkish territory during clashes between IS militants and Kurdish fighters.

The Turkish government is expected to send a motion to parliament, authorising military action against IS in Iraq and Syria. (BBC)”

Bigger fan. More shit….

kimbers

according to theresa may, IS could get hold of biological or nuclear weapons, no doubt deployable within 45 minutes

good job we are bombing them already…….

gobuchul
    Free Member

The Turks don’t like the Kurds either.

It’s going to get even more messy.

I can totally understand why Turkey wouldn’t want those animals anywhere near their borders.

MoreCashThanDash

This is going to get a whole lot worse before anyone can think it is getting better.

Worrying times. But I was brought up in the Cold War with the threat of nuclear destruction hanging over us, hoping this goes away eventually as well.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I watched the documentary ‘Dirty Wars’ last night and I’m even more confused now as to who are the bad guys. The yanks unaccountable killing machine JSOC appear to be assassinating/murdering people as and when they see fit. This makes them as bad as some of the extremists in my opinion.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

gobuchul – Member
    The Turks don’t like the Kurds either.

It’s going to get even more messy.

Thanks for the precis. 🙄

MrWoppit
    Free Member

It’s just occurred to me – Turkey is in NATO. If they invade and then it all goes tits up for them, all the other NATO members are treaty-bound to come to their defense.

Erm…

We’re all doomed.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Mr W – yes the NATO point was re-iterated a number of times by Cameron, we are obliged to defend them. Turkey has swung from trying to ignore Syrian situation to being implicit to now reacting, it has knowingly allowed all these young men to enter Syria knowing full well the majority where going to fight. There are 700 German citizens fighting in Syria the majority of Turkish descent (probably even passport holders).

ISIS do not believe Muslims should live in a democracy, sooner or later they are going to go after Turkey.

cookeaa

Yeah I’m not sure how strong willed the other NATO members are these days, not that British politicians are exactly full of steely resolve…

A nice gold plated UN resolution (typically negotiated and delivered months after it would be of any use on the ground) is what they normally want, just to reassure them they’re definitely not going to be sent to the Hague for their trouble… Haven’t the UN been “Investigating” and reporting on the situation in Syria for over a year now? at what point do they officially call it a bloody great mess?

Of course UK Government are being very careful about how they go about military action in the middle east, We’ll be having a house of commons debate on everything it seems…

Bombing IS strictly within Iraqi borders and at the formal request of the Iraqi Government? Vote, passed, off we go!

Follow the bugger’s as they disappear back over the border to syria? Whoa there fella! where’s your Parliamentary mandate?

By the time this has been micromanaged and every step has had a formal request for action, then voted on back here in Blighty IS will have killed thousands more… We’re really only there for window dressing TBH The Yanks will end up ramping their way back up to full involvement in Iraq, and probably Syria and Obama’s “Broken promise” to bring troops home will ensure another two term republican bit of a mess…

The UK will get involved, So long as #Callmedave can appear “Statesman like” doing it, and then we’re effectively committed for another decade or so of conflict and “Nation building” in the middle east…

If it wasn’t so bloody tragic it would be funny…

mrblobby
    Free Member

I watched the documentary ‘Dirty Wars’ last night and I’m even more confused now as to who are the bad guys.

Watched this the other night. Shocking but not surprising. No surprise that it leads to desperate measures by its victims 😐

Lifer
    Free Member

cookeaa – Member
    TBH The Yanks will end up ramping their way back up to full involvement in Iraq, and probably Syria and Obama’s “Broken promise” to bring troops home will ensure another two term republican bit of a mess…

Doing pretty well on the rampaging at the moment, drone strikes in Yemen and Waziristan this week.

Dirty Wars, if it wasn’t so serious, makes US actions look completely absurd.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘And in new news (IS war content).’ is closed to new replies.