• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • And for Xmas im getting an……. MRI
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Finally after 6 months I have an MRI tomorrow, getting a bit nervous now

stumpy01

Where – as in which bodily part? I had an MRI on my knee with one of those mobile MRI machines. It was fine. I almost dozed off during it.
    They gave me a CD with the files & a program that allows you to view them. It's quite cool to look at the inside of yourself – even if you don't really know what you're looking at!

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

its on my spine, posted before on here a few times, basically the space in my spine C7 / T1 area is narrowing and nerves are being pressed on so have had pins & needles and really bad pain in my shoulder arm and leg on the left for the last 6 months, pain killers dont work so I am now on Gabaphenthin (epilepsy drugs), very strangely over the last 4 days it has moved to the right side and the left feels fine now… part of me wants to know what is wrong & get it sorted out, and that small part of me that does not want to hear the verdict!

lodious
    Free Member

Good luck, hope it works out OK!

clunker

I know how you feel mate my little brother went for one last week. All the best.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

you had one before?

it's a pretty mad experience, very strange feeling.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

never had one, just xray's.. got my consultant appointment 1 hr after the MRI

stumpy01

Best of luck.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Piece of pi55 stumpy. First time is a bit odd as the scanner makes very strange and loud noises and you don't know what to expect next. AMAZING technology. The scanner's magnet actually rotates all the atoms in your body so they point the same way. Wow eh?

higthepig
    Free Member

As has been said before, they are a piece of pi55. I have had 4 MRIs all together, all painless except the ones on my hip where they injected dye into it….. Basically, you get strapped to a table which then motors into the main body of the MRI, like being pushed into a drain pipe. The machine makes lots of random noises, bit like the central heating being turned on for the first time in winter. Quiet spells and then crashes and bangs, then quiet again. All the ones I have been in, I have been given headphones so you can listen to music, one place asked me if I had brought a CD in to listen too. It will help you consultant/doctor make a very informed decision on what is wrong with you, overall, nothing too worry about at all, lie back and think of England (or Wales if you are a Trog, or, Scotland if you are a ……..)

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

thank all

well my wife says I dont listen, so the noise of the mri should not be a problem 🙂 I do however have a feeling they are going to say i need an op on my spine….. off we go to find out 🙁 , perhaps I am just passed my sell by date

DrJ

I was a bit apprehensive but in fact I found it quite relaxing. Went after work, nice lie-down in a warm room, lots of noise, eyes shut, nearly fell asleep.

I did make a mistake the second time – on the way out I opened my eyes to see how claustrophobic it was – VERY. And then they said, "oh, we have to do that again" – back in the tube.

Best thing, though, was that it was the first step in getting my back sorted.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘And for Xmas im getting an……. MRI’ is closed to new replies.