Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ancient I-Mac problems
  • Harry_the_Spider

My dear old mk2 I-Mac IDV (grape coloured) won’t start up. I get the green light but nothing other than a blank grey screen and there is no noise to suggest that the disc is spinning. Pressing the reset button does nothing to remedy the situation.

Is it time for the skip?

I hope it isn’t dead as me and my little computer have seen some sights and organised some mad stuff over the years.

We've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. Time to die

MrSmith
    Free Member

does it have a firewire port?
    try starting it up in target mode from a another mac and then repair permissions.

or try starting from the software dvd and run disk utility from there.

CountZero

It does rather suggest that the HD is on the fritz. You could probably get a new one and re-install the OS but it might be time to consider a new computer. Just installed Leopard up to 10.5.8 on my '03 PowerBook, which is still ticking over nicely, but further upgrades are no longer possible, so a Mac Mini is on the cards in the near future. My 40" Bravia is going to make a nifty monitor…

Harry_the_Spider

Oh well. It is my number 3 computer anyway and only gets used as a juke box.

So long old friend. I shall weep as I drive you to the tip.

M6TTF
    Free Member

fishtank it!!!

Harry_the_Spider

Nah. I'll chuck it. I hope it goes BOOM when it hits the bottom of the skip.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ancient I-Mac problems’ is closed to new replies.