Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anbody Got A Specialized Tricross?
  • Hornet600
    Free Member

Looking at buying a Specialized Tricross for some cyclocross racing and summer touring (C2C). I can’t get luggage on the mountain bikes and fancy having a go at cyclocross.

Anybody got one? What do you think of it?

geoffj

I’ve not got one but considered one many times. I think the consensus is that they are a great multi-purpose bike which is pretty good for cx, touring and the ultimate commuter.

FAIL
    Free Member

Had one just over a year. Great bike, very versatile. It gets used for my commute quite a bit with panniers on, plus some nice long mixed on and off road rides.
    The finishing kit on it is great for the money and everything seems to be lasting well. Only things I’ve changed are:
    1 – adding a fork mounted cable hanger for the front brakes to get rid of a bit of fork judder (shouldn’t be a problem with the latest bikes as they have Vs on I think)
    2 – Swapped the tyres for Kend small block 8s. I can highly recommend these tyres for mixed riding.

Rikoshea
    Free Member

I’ve also had one for a year, done prob 2000mls on it now with no probs, sorted bike, V brakes as standard now and no judder. spot on bike for lots of different riding.

Garry_Lager

I’ve had one for about a year and really like it. I know nothing about CX bikes in general so can’t really say how it stacks up against others, but it’s been a really versatile bike for me. Commute on it every day, a lot of rolling hill rides, take it round Glentress every once in a while, seems to take everything in its stride. Had a tricross single beforehand which was also v good (and exceptional value for money). I guess it depends on what else is available at that pricepoint.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anbody Got A Specialized Tricross?’ is closed to new replies.