Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • an Olympic failure again,
  • 40mpg

of more concern will be the ultimate fate of the multi billion pound olympic site, ive walked through the barren rusting wasteland of the athens one and its not encouraging

The facilities are there – all it needs is for the good citizens of London and surrounding environs to get off their arses and use it. Their loss if they don’t.

philconsequence
    Free Member

I’m all for sport and extreme human achievment, but not a demagogues tea party which costs 13 Billion bucks.
    – Korean flag blunder
    – A diving venue designed so that hundreds of people can’t see the event
    – Official sponsors exempt from paying tax on any direct earnings they make during the event…but dont pay your plumber cash in hand, thats immoral!
    – Police & Army brought in at extra cost to cover security fudge
    – Family packed lunches deemed to contain exessive amounts of food are banned from outdoor events such as rowing
    – £43million cable car that’s already broken
    – Only 50% tickets sold for the opening event
    – A small independant London bakery reprimanded for hanging 6 bagels in the their window in celebraion of the Olympics
    – Olympic Village sold to private firm at a loss of £175million

Stolen from a facebook post, i have no idea if any of the above is factually accurate, but considering this thread is about ‘failure after failure i thought a list might be of interest 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

project – Member

and for all those gulable people who think that a few games that could be played in the playground will somehow make uk plc all well and fixed, and that its not going to be a flop, and going to cost us a considerable anmount of money that we as a country cant afford.

Don’t forget about making Britain healthy…maybe

Blair, who said he still “worked out four or five times a week” at the age of 59, said he was convinced of the link between elite sporting success and grassroots participation – despite the fact that no previous Olympics have persuaded more people to play sport in the host country.

“I basically do buy it. If you look at cycling in the UK today, and I’ve got no scientific evidence for this at all, but I think it really does make a difference. Andy Murray in tennis, these big sporting icons can draw people into sport.”

Because nothing that you’re thought has ever been wrong, ay Tony?

Now please GTFO of the news.

druidh
    Free Member

Perhaps we could just have one Lympics failure thread, the same way we have one RWC thread. That way, anyone who doesn’t want to know the bad news can just avoid it.

Macavity
    Free Member

What really annoyed them was that the hotdog seller had no dogs.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’m rather fond of Anish Kapoor’s work and I think the tower looks amazing.

Harry_the_Spider

Korean troops are the best in the world when it comes to staring at each other.

Although this one is cheating.

PS STOP BLOODY MOANING ABOUT THE OLYMPICS. It was all over the BBC this morning FFS. I hope somebody doesn’t trip up and spill a coffee on Saturday thus bumping the road race off the front, back and middle pages.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to seeing the opening ceremony, especially since the original “Oh my god, sheep? Cricket? WTF?” stuff has turned into rehearsal eyewitnesses saying “Amazing!” and suchlike.

I’m intrigued.

brakes
    Free Member

I almost hope something really bad happens so people have something really bad to moan about.
    Like Lesley Garrett sings the national anthem at the opening ceremony and Daley Thompson sets her on fire.

project
    Free Member

any failures today, only a fire that stopped all trains from heathrow airport, while they put it out, and metal thieves stealing signaling cables from the railway bringing a large part of the southern network to a halt, then there were all those people running around central london with flaming torches wearing shell suits, just like last years riots.

otherwise a quiet day.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You should get your own news channel.

colournoise

Mr Woppit – Member
    I’m intrigued.

Me too. expecially after seeing the officially leaked footage on the news earlier.

Kids bouncing on giant beds, entire crowds doing the ‘Status Quo’ dance to Mud’s “Tiger Feet” and glowing cyclists with flapping wings.

I’m a bit of a Danny Boyle fan anyway, but suspect I will be in the minority loving the opening ceremony and laughing at the absurdity of it all while most people will just be sitting there going “WTF?!?”.

I hope I’m wrong.

slainte 😯 rob

project
    Free Member

I have its called real news.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘an Olympic failure again,’ is closed to new replies.