Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • An odd email issue… BT dynamic IP's and spam filtering?
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

so our business email is acting very odd, I’ve spoken with our web hosts (hostmonster) about this and here’s what they said:

Emails appear to be coming in from your computers, reaching us, leaving us then disappearing.

This leaves a “sent” trail all the way apart from the destination?!?

I checked my domain (theexmoorbeast.com) with spamhaus and its not listed, could it be that my mails are being intercepted as spam due to BT’s dynamic IP switching? (I’ve never sent ANY spam from it!)

any guesses?

robware
    Free Member

I had an issue with hosting my own email servers when I was with BT. Everything that went out from my IP was just dropped. If it’s reaching your hosting provider then I reckon it’s not a BT issue, it’s an issue with the hosting provider.

Cougar

It “could” be all manner of things, difficult to speculate.

One thing I will say though, business email and dynamic IP addresses are a bad combination. Aside from the fact that, well, you don’t know where it’s been, many mail hosts will treat a dynamic mail source with suspicion.

EDIT – hang on, I may have misread that. Is this hosting company also hosting your email server or is it on-premises?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    allthepies
    Free Member

Problem at their end? If their SMTP email servers accept you outbound mail then they must be reasonably happy with ip addresses etc. I’d be asking them to check their logs further and check any spam boxes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘An odd email issue… BT dynamic IP's and spam filtering?’ is closed to new replies.