Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • An observation……….nothing more
  • jimmy

Peaks are gritty, grit + moving parts = not good.

unklehomered
    Free Member

where abouts?

ampthill

Theories….

In the Peak the people on mountain bikes are in fact climbers, roadies or even hill walkers doing something different for the day. So they don’t have a pricey bike

All the folks from Manchester area with a 150mm FS have gone to Llandegla for the day

Rich peole down South buy bikes to ride for a few weeks which they then sell on ebays when a few weeks later they take up swing ball or inline skating. As they know that the bike will be bought be a poor northerner to impress people in trail centre car parks they but a 150mm FS

The Peak is full of Southners on their hardtails which they bought for the local trails

The Southerners know that the local trails are dull so buy a 150mm so it can double up for for local Down Hill races

I’m serious abut the first one

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Like indoor toilets and electricity, the people of the Northern wastelands are yet to discover rear suspension?

RustySpanner

We considered full suss, but like other southern aberrations like flat beer, over population, bad manners and the saveloy, rejected it on the grounds of class & taste.

RustySpanner

To be serious for a minute though, I reckon I’ve seen more Orange Fives in Calderdale than any other type of bike.

I know they’re made just up the road, but the sheer number you see about is just crazy.

Scapegoat

The reason there are so many Fives in Calderdale is because when people started keeping documents on their computers up here in Yorkshire, way back in early 2010, some enterprising soul branched into recycling the now redundant filing cabinets. West Vale was.simply the largest repository.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘An observation……….nothing more’ is closed to new replies.