Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • An evening well spent………..
  • dannyh
    Free Member

Just got back from a solo night ride on some local tracks and trails that are a bit tame for daylight riding. They’re a different kettle of fish in fog and ice, though!

Nice scrunching and cracking noises from the tyres on the ground, and some hardening up of the mud – long may it continue.

Two hours – then back home for chicken and leek pie with a can of Tetleys and a hot chocolate for pudding.

And on a school night.

All is well with the world – at least until tomorrow morning(!)

cynic-al
    Free Member

You can buy tea in a can?

stany
    Free Member

Tetleys and hot choc – my favourite cocktail 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevied
    Free Member

Can’t beat a good night ride. I did a solo on the Malverns last night and it was great, if a little spooky at times…
    Sounds like you had a good one 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

It was a good’un – I’ve been a bit snappy and PO’d in general this week – no specific reason.

Kicking myself up the arse and getting out in the dark and cold has really done the trick.

ton

the post was going so so well until you mentioned vomit in a glass tetleys……….. 😀

dannyh
    Free Member

ton – are you from Manchester?

This might make me a peasant, but I really like Tetleys in a can! I like the posh stuff as well – out of bottles, like – but blowing the froth of a glass of Tetleys Tear-Arse (old school name as the original stuff was said ‘not to travel’) is still a pleasure!

dantsw13

Went to uni in Leeds, many,many moons ago. I must say, a creamy pint of Tetleys, from one of the pubs close to the brewery was bloody marvellous!!

officialtob
    Free Member

I went for a solo last night round Castell Coch….stupidly decided to mount the Lumenator on the bars instead of my helmet…..and every time I heard a creepy noise/saw strange eyes lighting up I couldn’t just turn my head and look!! Cue slightly faster than normal riding! 😳

dannyh
    Free Member

Not being able to look isn’t necessarily a bad thing, though – if you turn your head at the wrong moment and cast the shadow of a tree branch onto a stone wall it’s amazing what tricks the mind can play……

snotrag

Just in myself ten minutes ago.

Feet slowly defrosting. Mince pie scoffed. 21 miles, beautiful crisp cold air, no clouds, and no boggy mud, and lovely crunchy, noisy, swoop trails.

Even did a bit of fog breath light-sabering too in the middle of a field. Brill 🙂

takisawa2

Twas a bit foggy on the Chase D’ Cannock this evening. Real pea soup in places, & so bloody cold. Amazing that temp of -1 feels so much colder when the air is moist.

Anyhow, back home for soup & a freshly baked baquette. A good night. 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

Ah! The joys of snowy night rides – it’s almost the only time I go out on the mountain bike now. You can have a fantastic dry ride and your light is that much brighter in snow. The only problem is that in less cold, damp snow the SPDs tend to freeze up.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘An evening well spent………..’ is closed to new replies.