Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • An appeal to Malvern Riders
  • jimster
    Free Member

Please do not cut corners on the Zig-zag section that leads to the conservator’s yard/top end of Earnslaw car park.

The trail is slowly disappearing with erosion due to the heavy rain we get, and cutting two or three corners by going straight over the edge will give the purple-rinse anti-bike brigade more ammunition to ban bikes from the hills.

Stoner
    Free Member

Sounds too gnarly for the likes of me anyway, but are you sure it’s not water damage. Theres similar erosion on the black hill path and it’s definitely not caused by corner cutting

stevied
    Free Member

Could be water erosion. There are quite a few areas that have had quite a lot of support work to repair damaged bits especially up on the zig-zags up onto North Hill.
    I’ll spread the word tho 🙂

jimster
    Free Member

Doesn’t look like water erosion.

There are two or three left hand switch-backs,where the lines do seem to be more flowing than water flowing, especially the last one leading to the rocky drop-off into the Consevators yard just below Wyche Cutting.

Sounds too gnarly for the likes of me anyway,

Oh Stoner, modest to the end – you’ve never done the cheeky zig-zags at the end of the Rabbit Run?

Stoner
    Free Member

Only a few times, I prefer to go straight on to the wyche and keep heading south – I hate that climb back up from earnslaw 🙂

jimster
    Free Member

The one’s to the left of the stone circle after the climb from Earnslaw?

That’s a nice climb, especially on SS. 😯

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘An appeal to Malvern Riders’ is closed to new replies.