Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Amusing On-one customer service emails
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Last email from CS was a joke.

….and it said?

mrjmt
    Free Member

Would it be possible to send me the picture of what you are missing?

🙄

Euro
    Free Member

mrjmt, I keep a library of images of things i don’t have for just such occasions. Forward them this image if you like. (i have other colours if needed)

ctk
    Free Member

Brilliant!

Jamie
    Free Member

I predict whoever you are talking with is going to be usurped, and you’ll get offered a new headset. As that is just Kafkaesque levels of bullshittery.

atlaz
    Free Member

I have a sneaking admiration for the absolutely fantastic levels of bullshit PX/OO customer service are currently capable of. Next they’ll tell you it was an invisible headset and must still be in the box.

m1kea
    Free Member

mrjmt

Excellent. I think the sender was actually trying to help but I guess someone else had the common sense braincell…….

mrjmt
    Free Member

Well, not heard anything from squiggle or PX.

This is a flippin joke.

Assume the only thing left is to raise a dispute through ebay?

mrjmt
    Free Member

Reply is in:

Hi,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I have arranged to have the correct bits sent out to you finally.

I do apologise for all of this running around.

However, the On-One Smoothie Mixer Alu Crown Race For 1.5 inch Steerer is currently awaiting stock and is not due in for the next 2-3 weeks.

I do apologise as this has been an on going issue for you.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

*tap tap

Is this thing on?

2-3 weeks?

Squiggle, come pick this f’ing frame up.

Jamie
    Free Member

Assume the only thing left is to raise a dispute through ebay?

Be aware there is a time limit on this.

If there’s a problem, let the seller know as soon as you (should) have received your item. You’re eligible for refunds under the eBay Money Back Guarantee if you do so at any time up to 30 days from your actual or latest estimated delivery date.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebay-money-back-guarantee/how-to-help-FAQ.html

duntstick
    Free Member

Why did the fellah who used to deal with mop up this kinda stuff leave again?

dragon
    Free Member

Is Dave Hinde the new owner of On-One, certainly looks like it?

sq225917
    Free Member

mrjmt, as I stated yesterday I can’t jump in on eBay stuff and order parts for them and that extends to booking courier collections. I did offer the parts I had spare at the time, which is the limit of what I can do.

I’m not at work today, Thursday is my week-day off, but I’m assuming Scott hasn’t been in contact with you So I’ll run it up the flag to Lisa.

Expect a response.

sq225917
    Free Member

Just saw the email train, collection tomorrow. Apologies for this not going to plan, a total ball drop.

duntstick
    Free Member

Need to touch base for some blue sky thinking, in order to push the envelope maybe? 😆

DezB
    Free Member

I must say Merlin did something very similar to a mate of mine, said the frame included a headset, but only included some of it.
    Was a real hassle getting the right parts.
    But Merlin are wonderful, everyone says.

mrjmt
    Free Member

squiggle, I appreciate you trying to help out, don’t envy you being to go to guy for stuff like this. You’ve been more useful than the guy in CS who clearly lied from the start about sending something out; thats what annoyed me most.

Hopefully collection will happen tomorrow and it’ll be put to bed.

Just hope I’m not back on chasing a refund.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Brants left? Who’s he gone to colour in frames for now?

sq225917
    Free Member

Jeremy you have email.

mrjmt
    Free Member

You too, but this situation really isn’t worth working this late for. 🙂

mrjmt
    Free Member

sq225917 please chase the refund for this.

Frame was picked up a week ago and I’ve not even had confirmation that you’ve got it.

I’ve emailed pretty much every address at PX and nobody has bothered to even acknowledge it.

I’ll raise the PayPal dispute tonight if nobody gets off their arse.

scandal42
    Free Member

No sign of my socks either 😥

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Buys Scandal frame and a spare dropout ( sensible head on) Frame appears, no spare dropout and actually no dropout on the frame.
    ‘ Hi, just bought a Scandal frame and it has no dropout or spare one I ordered. Its a week to Christmas, this is my present and would like to ride it over the break’
    ‘ Its between the chainstays, taped in there’
    ‘ No, sorry its not, i have emptied the boxed, checked everywhere, its not’
    ‘ Yes it is’
    ‘Er, you calling me a liar ?’
    ‘ thats where they are put’

FFS , this could end up as a pantomime scene.

Story is, after 2 weeks of arguing, in the ‘middle’ of January, i get a droput and a free one for my ‘inconvenience’

No ride over Xmas that year……….. Marvelous stuff……

wwaswas

I’m a bit confused.

The OP bought an ‘sold as seen’ item from ebay that explicitly said it was missing certain parts.

He then complained to on-one that the parts they said weren’t there weren’t there.

They said ‘We’ll send them to you for free’ but buggered up doing so.

The OP is now complaining that he’s not got stuff he hasn’t paid for?

Or did he buy the missing bits direct after winning the auction?

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m confused at your confusion, wwaswas.

The ebay ad said “This frame has had some use but comes fitted with headset to fit tapered forks”, however the headset is missing the top cap and crown race.

…the bit in bold is the OP’s words, not the words from the advert. Note the use of quotation marks.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Oh and dont start me on Smoothie headsets. Just bin it and put a better one ( not difficult that) in to begin with.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Oh and dont start me on Smoothie headsets. Just bin it and put a better one ( not difficult that) in to begin with.

I can’t, they collected the frame last Friday but haven’t bothered to refund the money.

So no frame or money now.

Maybe my refund is in the ‘black hole’ in the warehouse all the recent orders have been going into.

stumpy01

I ordered some replacement gear cables about a week ago from On One and they arrived the next day! Wooooo!

wwaswas

I’m confused at your confusion, wwaswas.

so am I.

Please bring coffee and ignore me until it arrives.

scandal42
    Free Member

I ordered some replacement gear cables about a week ago from On One and they arrived the next day! Wooooo!

Oh it’s alright for you isn’t it, sitting there rubbing the new cables between your soiled finger tips, breathing heavily like a dirty old man.

Makes me sick

stumpy01

scandal42 – Member

Oh it’s alright for you isn’t it, sitting there rubbing the new cables between your soiled finger tips, breathing heavily like a dirty old man.

Makes me sick

My smug glow may not last, as I haven’t fitted them yet! They may well be just too short, or the wrong diameter, or both!! I just hope they’re not directional!

bruneep

I just hope they’re not directional

Oh dear

scandal42
    Free Member

Last ones I got from there were made from marshmallow, tasty but very poor shifting characteristics.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Oh dear, Same issue here a while ago, ordered an item, it was faulty. Eventually they send me another one, also faulty. I send it back and don’t hear from them. Chase them up and they eventually say they’ll refund me. They don’t. Chase up another 3 times and eventually get my money back. Around six months for the whole thing.. And it was probably only resolved as I kicked off on here

martinhutch

I can’t, they collected the frame last Friday but haven’t bothered to refund the money.

So no frame or money now.

Maybe my refund is in the ‘black hole’ in the warehouse all the recent orders have been going into.

Meanwhile at the on-one warehouse…

boxelder

The ebay ad said “This frame has had some use but comes fitted with headset to fit tapered forks”, however the headset is missing the top cap and crown race.

For reference

HTH

Felix
    Free Member

Yeah I ordered a frame from PX/on-one which has be been in the status of ‘in picking’ for nearly a week now. Every cycling related forum seams to have its own thread of stories of Planet X nightmares.

mrjmt
    Free Member

For reference

HTH

Can’t believe it took 3 pages!

sq225917
    Free Member

Jeremey, you have mail from Mandy this morning, frame received refund processed.

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Amusing On-one customer service emails’ is closed to new replies.