Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Amsterdam to Copenhagen – where to visit in between?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

So in true clueless fashion I seem to have been nominated holiday rep for the family trip to Copenhagen in the summer. Getting the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam and driving from there. I thought I might tap the STW hive mind and ask for any suggestions of places to visit in between the two? Four of us, but probably places of interest to a 2 1/2 year old who loves cars, bikes, trains, boats etc…?

I remember seeing bits on Coast about the North Sea coast of Holland that looked nice but no real idea where they were. Don’t really want to hop on the motorway system and zoom through so if anyone knows anywhere roughly between the two places we can stop off to break up the journey, it’d be much appreciated!

zokes
    Free Member

I did this exact drive in reverse (albeit in just one day 😯 ) a couple of years back.

Gronigen was a nice spot, and definitely stop in Bremen, which was great.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Drive up the west coast of Denmark, visit Romø for a trip to the beach you van drive om the beach itself. Then go to Ribe, oldest town in DK, founded by Vikings.

Pigface
    Free Member

Hamburg is a great place, lots to see.

MussEd
    Free Member

Thanks folks, given me a few places to think about!

ourmaninthenorth

Watch Jonathan Meades’s two part film Magnetic North. It covers exactly the area you’ll be in. Enjoy!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Amsterdam to Copenhagen – where to visit in between?’ is closed to new replies.