Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Amsterdam Stag Do – advice please
  • strackbaz
    Free Member

15 of us heading there this weekend and I’ve left it last minute to keep us entertained.

Any advise of where to eat, drink and enjoy* ourselves would be appreciated. I don’t want to pay the OTT prices charged by stag companies out there. We are staying central.

*embarrass the stag whilst we all watch and film it, resulting in years of blackmail 🙂

Thanks

peterfile
    Free Member

On a recent work trip, the guys we were meeting organised a guided tour around amsterdam on scooters. Really, really fun day and a brilliant way to see the city. We covered so much ground, but were able to stop pretty much wherever we wanted and get off to see things. Anyone with a driver’s licence can drive one and those without can get on the back of one.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My usual tips –
    Beer – Start yourself off at http://www.indewildeman.nl/index.php?lang=en

Food – You may struggle, given your numbers, but if you can get in here – http://www.caferestaurantvankerkwijk.nl/ the food is excellent, and at a really good price.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Also beer…

http://www.beertemple.nl

…fill yer boots. Forget about food. It’s cheating. Don’t eat unidentified cake based goodies.

Nobby

Make sure you book at least one additional day off work.

johndoh
    Free Member

Don’t eat unidentified cake based goodies.

Also don’t eat unidentified fish based goodies….

konabunny
    Free Member

…quietly ditch your mates at 2am and go back to the hotel for a good eight hours’ sleep. You’ve had he best part of the night and nothing any good is going to happen later!

deepreddave
    Free Member

You can hire tandems and bikes there for an afternoon of sightseeing, drinking and many pastries 🙂 There is/used to be a golden sculpture of a giant cock and balls there somewhere but we did NOT spend ages looking for it after seeing it in a guide book and we definitely did NOT ask a policeman on horseback where we could find a giant…..

chrisdw
    Free Member

“” quietly ditch your mates at 2am and go back to the hotel for a good eight hours’ sleep. You’ve had he best part of the night and nothing any good is going to happen later! “”

Will you also be wearing a ducky tie?

jekkyl

Rasha Rasha Grasshopper!

listen to: the streets – too much brandy.

konabunny
    Free Member

Will you also be wearing a ducky tie?

I don’t know what a ducky tie is but if it’s something that wet blankets wear, then yes.

muzz
    Free Member

Get melted

razorrazoo

Went there on my stag do. Heineken brewery tour. Shouldn’t need to book. Plus can do a boat trip round the canals. I can’t remember anything past 9pm both nights but that’s what we did in the daytime beside soaking up the cafe atmosphere.

user-removed
    Free Member

konabunny – Member
    …quietly ditch your mates at 2am and go back to the hotel for a good eight hours’ sleep. You’ve had he best part of the night and nothing any good is going to happen later!

Worst. Advice. Eva!

You only get one stag do – he shouldn’t be able to remember it, for the sake of his own sanity at the very least. Eat everything you find on the ground, especially if it’s in an unmarked box from a ‘Smart’ shop. Embrace everything the place has to offer. Take risks. He can sleep when he’s married.

Hit the traditional Gin bars early in the evening. Great places to put the world to rights before all communication becomes meaningless.

Vondelpark is a good place to wake up, or at least head for the next day. Very peaceful.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Check your company policy on random testing?

muzz
    Free Member

Gwt meltd

fatmax

Hire the beer bike, and pedal round town getting ratted!
    Without any provocation (honestly) different members of our group nearly ended up in fights / getting jumped, which wasn’t part of our plan, so be careful e.g. a guy walking along bumps into one of the lads and then claims he’s spilt £100 of coke and can he have the money.
    You going to the red light district? Funny to see once, but pretty grim

jekkyl

+1 for watch out for dodgy geezers, there’s a few on street corners after 12. The red light district is sorta all mixed in with other bars, bit of fun to walk through but disconcerting when a big black mama winks & waves at you. & some of the better looking ones have queues form early in the morning. *shudder*
    Make sure you do some traditional stag do things like watching some ladies do things with bananas.

JCL
    Free Member

Some women offer a group discount so it’s worth asking.

Harry_the_Spider

Been 15 years since I was there on a stag do. Don’t remember much apart from The Banana Bar.

big_scot_nanny

second the banana bar. What a hoot. there were three things that happened in there to us that still make me smile and laugh thinking about it.

Also, went a live sex show, horrific! But it turned into one of those amazing “human” moments when a crowd are united together – the background music to the horror show was Bon Jovi “Bed of Roses”, and when it got to the chorus, the whole audience, simultaneously and without prompt, all stood on their feet and belted the words out at top, fully empassioened, volume. must hav ebeen somethign to do with the drugs…

Put the guy on stage of his stride a bit! 😀

peterfile
    Free Member

Worst. Advice. Eva!

wooooooosh 🙂

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I went to Amsterdam once many moons ago with a group of other lads.

Quite a lot of the scooby gang decided to head for coffee bars and purchase the strongest local specialities they could.

Half an hour later, almost everyone ended up back to the hotel for “a quick lie down” only emerging in the early evening for “a few” drinks, along with words to the effect “I don’t want this, here, you have it.”

I remember very little else.

mrmoofo

Depends what you want to do …
    Coffee house – well there are so many
    Bars – so many
    Clubbing – so many!
    Red Light District – worth a trip, aggressive dealers on the bridge will try and sell you coke, Es and smack …
    Live sex shows – The Banana Bar and the Casa ?? (can’t remember) – if watching two people copulate is you bag ….
    Vondel Park
    The Rijksmuesum for a bit of Van Gogh
    Anne Franks House – so you can here what happen in WW 2
    Sex Muesum – the floors are a tad sticky ….
    Brown Bars – nice to hang out in . Gin is known as Jenever … and an artfom to te dutch
    Eat Krokketen at Van Dobbens …

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Amsterdam Stag Do – advice please’ is closed to new replies.