Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Amphetamine?
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Aphex. Its my opinion. Both as a medical professional and a past heavy user. I am perfectly willing to accept other medical professionals may disagree and that there is no proof. I think whizz is different to puff in this way.

I loved taking whizz – it was great. I knew I was playing with fire so I was wary. I made sure I didn’t miss too many nights sleep in a row, I cleaned my teeth and I got pure crystal meth straight from the cook. When I had something else important to do I moved on in my life and stopped taking it.

I might have a line now if offered or I might not. I haven’t bought any for decades and doubt I ever will again.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Saccades, that’s one of the saddest (as in “what a downer” rather than “U R sad”) stories I’ve ever read.
    Bad luck mate (but at least it could have happened- better than never could. eh?)
    We live and learn. It really F@cks me off when people get all self rightous about taking drugs – especially when the most vociferous (hey I think I spelt that right and believe me I’ve done my fair share of mind benders) voices are those that have little or no experience. Imagine some sad c@ck saying to you “never do the black run on Whites level” if all they’d ever done was seen it on the news or read some sensationilist account in their chosen daily paper. (**** me I know some people who would put EVERY crime, including parking on double yellows down to drug addicts according to what they are spoon fed by the media)
    For once was glad to see in this thread some nice constructive stuff.

Rich
    Free Member

Shut up you druggie!

😉

GW
    Free Member

Aphex – you’ve read about it? 🙄

sorry mate, but some of us have “lived it”, no offence but you really don’t have a **** clue!

billyboulders
    Free Member

Rich .. You mean me? You givin me paranoia now!

Aint it all a load of old toss!

epicyclo

RichPenny –
    Beer, I have to point out, is a drug and alters your state of mind.

Beer is a source of essential electrolytes for single speeders who already have “altered minds” 😀

johnhoo
    Free Member

if alcohol was invented now they’d ban it

thank f*ck it’s as old as bread

theotherjonv

two tales to recount

I had a similar experience to Saccades, on a ski-trip with a gorgeous French girl who’d travelled up from Madrid to Andorra to join us for the weekend. Unfortunatley for me it was cheap duty free wine that ‘got in the way’ The lads have never let me forget it (although to them the tale is more that I turned her down) She never let on and I did see her a couple of times afterwards so there was no harm done – apart from to my ego.

The other tale is that I’ve never taken speed. However, after a procedure last week, my testicles also feel like they’re the size of oranges although closer inspection reveals they are actually more like small walnuts and still reluctant to descend from my body cavity just in case the nasty doctor comes back again.

meehaja
    Free Member

met a young lady who was convinced her skin was faling off. Tuns out she hadn’t slept for a week and was nailing huge ammounts of speed…

TBH I don’t understand why people still use speed when coke is cheaper now and pills are everywhere, but then i guess everyone has their reasons for their drug of choice, however, if I were to se recreational drugs, I wouldn’t choose speed, its just grotty!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Everything in moderation lads…

All the problems I’ve seen have been by people taking too much and / or too often.

For me taking drugs was an experience – like travelling, some drugs were like going to the most beautiful place ever and some, like speed, were like going to some far off country that I now have no inclination to visit a second time – On the whole drugs were something that taught me a lot about myself and opened my eyes to the world around me.

I am the person I am today from my experiences and have no regrets at all in that respect as I am happy with who I am. However I am obviously sad that a number of my friends have died through taking drugs but like I said above the problem is normally through misuse.

I’m always surprised by peoples attitudes to drugs if they have never tried them – they stand out a mile off. It’s really refreshing to see this thread on the whole has some accurate and genuine first hand advice / comments on the subject.

As mr Mackey would say “Drugs are Bad M’kay!”

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/61702

djglover
    Free Member

intresting take on things. I took loads of drugs between 17 and 23 and don’t know anyone that died, a few that went to prison, but mostly a lot, including me, that became borning drop outs.

I wouldn’t say I regret it, it was fun, but it added little of value to my life now, and I can’t imagine that if I had known people that died it would have improved that position much.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

GW –

“you don’t know man, you weren’t there!”

That’s you that is. 😉

I did say I read about it, and I also said I work with people with severe and enduring mental health problems. I also work with a team of mental health professionals, but you carefully snipped that when you re-posted.

alwyn
    Free Member

My take on it is, it’s each to his own but I’d like to try most things once. I guess I have an inquisitive personality. So far I’ve only tried weed and pills. But one day when I’m a lot older I’d like to try one hit of LSD. I find hallucinogenics are more appealing other drugs. It’s incredibly interesting after reading the Calsos Castinda series.

alpin
    Free Member

never bothered with speed much. mostly for those reasons given above. used to work at ikea with a guy who was always bang on it. he had the highest kitchen sales figures and his name badge said ‘god’.

for me it was always E’s or toward the end of my ‘career’ MDMA.

had some great experiences. met some great people. never got into a fight. experienced trips that are still to this day remembered and relished and retold.

we used to go out with a medical student which was great as she would be telling us what was going on with the chemicals in our bodies as we were all coming up. she’s a full blown surgeon now.

remember i always tripped thinking that everyone was wearing a pair of steel framed specs. i’d be going up to people trying to take their ‘glasses’ off.
    or my sisters mate sitting on the curb outside our house all night sh!t scared of coming in and having to talk to my mum.

but as with most things there coms a time to stop and slow down. we used to be going out every friday and saturday for three years as a group geting truly spangled. i was travelling for a year and met my now GF of seven (****!) years. since then i’ve hardly touched the hard stuff. may be once or twice at a festival. ahh. went to ‘V’ yeah it is sh!t but we got in for nothing. had some MDMA and had a right laugh. met these two air stewardesses who took me back to their tent….. yeah, was good fun.

have always had a pretty chronic weed habit since i was about 16 but no having been in germany the last year i’ve hardly touched that either. the police are really hot on it here. i got searched last night just for looking suspect. now i know how the black kids in london feel…

drugs. on the whole, not bad. just be cautious.

J

alpin
    Free Member

yeah, what alwyn said. inquisitive personality has a lot to do with it i think.´

from the ‘old’ group at school there were only two of us into it. another never took anything but did make a shed load of money dealing the stuff. he’s pretty much paid for his house now, i think.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

DrP is a mental Health Professional. I’ve seen him jump off right big things. Nutter.

I do think lived experience is valuable, in getting inside the heads of those using drugs. IE, someone who’s used Heroin is going to be better placed to empathise with a Heroin addict, than someone who’s just read theories in papers. Why so many drugs workers are ex-addicts.

Bit like doing Finite Stress Analysis simulations on a computer, rather than building up a real bike, and testing that…

kaiser
    Free Member

I really enjoyed it with no probs down under.do get the feeling this site is plauged with know -alls with little experience but lots of advice ! Yes there are risks experimenting with drugs but it’s the same with MTBiking.

soobalias
    Free Member

amphet.
    its cheap, it works.
    you get what you pay for.

drugks.
    none of em are toys, and you can never go back if it all goes tits up.

all the things the media say will happen, can happen, and the wider your circle of involved friends, the more often you will see the shit hit the fan.
    so for the dead uns. rip.
    for the ones who are better off dead for one reason or another – they know who they are, carry on.

chomp
    Free Member

to echo what’s already been said, I’ve had tons of great nights out on speed in my yoof, and always used to just smoke myself out the following morning.

It’s pretty dirty as has been said, the come down is like nothing else I’ve tried (was only into disco liveners and the odd ohm or two, no H or owt like that to compare it with). I personally wouldn’t do any nowadays, but then my situation’s changed no end. Take me back 10 or 15 years and the answer would most definately be different.

Whatever you decide, be as responsible as possible, and start small. Had a mate who like a plum went into the toilet cubicle with an 1/8th of base which was for everyone to have a dab on and he’d banged the lot (total honest mistake, which made it even funnier at the time). As it was his first or second time taking speed, he was off his tits for a couple of days. He ended up staying on peoples couches for about a week as he couldn’t face going home to see his parents. We had to pop round in the daytime while they were at work and grab him some clothes 🙂

I’m not proud of the drugs I’ve taken, and I certainly wouldn’t encourage my kids to do what I have, however I do feel that I have a better understanding of the murkier side of life as a result, whether that’s good or bad, you decide

mboy
    Free Member

I’m not proud of the drugs I’ve taken, and I certainly wouldn’t encourage my kids to do what I have, however I do feel that I have a better understanding of the murkier side of life as a result, whether that’s good or bad, you decide

This is something I’ve often wondered. Does an “experimental” parent make for an experimental child? And if the child does become experimental, how does the adult deal with it knowing what their child is going through and how they know it messes them up, and how they wouldn’t do it now?

Drugs, within reason, each to their own! Alcohol causes far more problems amongst its users in general than any drug does really (well, maybe not heroin perhaps), but it’s legal so it’s “socially acceptable.” The biggest problems occur because of the lack of legality, therefore the crimes that happen in order to make sure the drugs get to the end users can be extreme and often violent. Remove the illegality of the situation, and you’d remove all the drug related crimes. Personally I’d argue that’s a far better situation than we have currently! Though of course the average Daily Mail reader would then have nothing to complain about, and that wouldn’t be fair now would it 😉

The biggest problem I have with drugs (and I’m including alcohol in this) is why such a large proportion of the human race feel the need to alter their minds in such ways as substance abuse. I know I’m in a minority here, you don’t need to point that out to me, but it has always puzzled me as to why you would consciously take enough of a substance as to severely alter your mind into such a state that reality has become a thing of the recent past. Now I like a buzz as much as the next person, I get the adrenaline kicks out of riding a mountain bike fast down a sketchy downhill, I buzz off being in a club dancing away to music I like, or from having amazing sex with an amazing person etc etc. And I love these feelings! And I want to recreate them as often as possible! But why oh why if you know how to attain these feelings naturally do you feel the need to consistently use mind bending drugs (including alcohol) to achieve this situation? Have you just got that little imagination? 😕

FWIW, from the many many hardened drug users I know (including a couple of reformed heroin addicts) everyone is universally damning of Speed as being the dirtiest and worst drug to take.

(and before any of you ask, no I don’t drink alcohol either, don’t see the need for it!)

colnagokid

I take it none of you are roadies then! 😉

jon1973
    Free Member

Just say no

Bimbler
    Free Member

Sunrise, wrong side of another day,
    Sky high and six thousand miles away,
    Don’t know how long I’ve been awake,
    Wound up in an amazing state,
    Can’t get enough,
    And you know it’s righteous stuff,
    Goes up like prices at Christmas,
    Motorhead, you can call me Motorhead, alright

Brain dead, total amnesia,
    Get some mental anasthesia,
    Don’t move, I’ll shut the door and kill the lights,
    And if I can’t be wrong I could be right,
    All good clean fun,
    Have another stick of gum,
    Man, you look better already,
    Motorhead, remember me now Motorhead, alright

Fourth day, five day marathon,
    We’re moving like a parallelogram,
    Don’t move, I’ll shut the door and kill the lights,
    I guess I’ll see you all on the ice,
    I should be tired,
    And all I am is wired,
    Ain’t felt this good for an hour,
    Motorhead, remember me now, Motorhead alright

I’ve had some sort of legal (ish) sped recently – the kind of stuff they give to pilots. You don’t really get the high of speed, but you’re definitely “up” and the down is much more manageable, still not great though.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Were they ephedrine based diet pills?

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Amphetamine?’ is closed to new replies.