Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 153 total)
  • Americans
  • zokes
    Free Member

And by the way, the OP makes it abundantly clear that the opinion is based on a personal experience concerning two individuals,

And had it stayed there, then that would have been fine. However, for whatever reason, she chose to ascribe her “friends'” failings to their nationality and locale. Which is what I’m getting at. One would have thought that was obvious, even to you.

Then you make a crass stereotype about Californians. Could you justify why you think that this forum is the correct place to air your personal prejudices?

not racist Zokes. “americans” are not a race. could be xenophobic

Black is white moment from the usual suspect 🙄

fubar
    Free Member

Christ on a bike?

I’d like to see a T’shirt with a ‘christ on a bike’ design, anybody know where ?

j_me
    Free Member

et voila…

Clicky

scaredypants

I have relatives in california. To generalise, the locals are some of the most hospitable and welcoming people I’ve come across anywhere. I suppose it could get wearing after a while, all that perkiness. dunno

Remember, next time it could be a child’s torn face 😐

iDave
    Free Member

ernie, you tried to make a point endorsing stereotypes of Californians based on the first career choice of their elected leader – a career he left behind years ago. I applied the same lame thinking to the UK. Does the election of Cameron ‘say’ something about the English, or just about the few who voted for him? Leader is a plastic post-**** cock, therefore all English people must be ‘…………’

Junkyard
    Free Member

The comments are clearly about two specific Americans who stayed with her rather than ALL Americans in general FFS sometimes this place is tetchy and just has a go at people for almost nothing. Is STW becoming a sympathy free zone ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Does the election of Cameron ‘say’ something about the English, or just about the few who voted for him? Leader is a plastic post-**** cock, therefore all English people must be ‘…

He is no longer the elected representative of the UK but just England. Your are right the English voters do seem a bit thick 🙄

why you think that this forum is the correct place to air your personal prejudices?

well????

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Then you make a crass stereotype about Californians. Could you justify why you think that this forum is the correct place to air your personal prejudices?

Not a crass stereotype about Californians at all. I simply pointed out that Californians stand out to be different to other people, in that they will happily chose a leader who’s only claim to fame is the “tough guy” parts he played in fantasy films – based on his muscley body.

Maybe you think that’s normal practice and you can give other examples where this happens in the world?

And if STW isn’t ‘the correct place to air my personal prejudices’ then I don’t know where is.

Or is it only the personal prejudices of pretentious arrogant self-absorbed endlessly whingeing middle-class IT workers which count ?

Kit
    Free Member

Americans are great when they’re at home, grating/loud/arrogant when visiting here. I speak from experience of many American friends’ trips here. Still love ’em though 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Leader is a plastic post-**** cock, therefore all English people must be ‘…………’

You might actually have a point there. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You might actually have a point there.

I’m saying nothing… 🙂

j_me
    Free Member

I simply pointed out that Californians stand out to be different to other people, in that they will happily chose a leader who’s only claim to fame is the “tough guy” parts he played in fantasy films

So no different from the individuals of Carmel-by-the-Sea, who elected Clint. Oh and was that Reagan chappy not an actor too?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So they’re no different to other yanks then ?

Well I suppose that’s possible …… I just didn’t want to stereotype all yanks as the same.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

I hope your friends never read this thread.

Like… ooops, wuz that just them?

Christ-on-a-bike

j_me
    Free Member

Jesus wouldn’t need to brake as much.
    He also prefers a chest cam as those thorns tend to catch the cables.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’s post your advert for free day today, that’s very generous of the mods…

atlaz
    Free Member

He is no longer the elected representative of the UK but just England. Your are right the English voters do seem a bit thick

Sorry to burst your bubble but he’s the prime minister of the UK, not England. So more people voted for him in England than in Scotland, but that’s true for basically everything that concerns the UK rather than just Scotland.

emsz
    Free Member

Oh blimey, You lot. 🙄 Keep your vaginas on, I was generalizing, sorry OK, these two particular people were a bit hard work OK? Better?

Blimey, it’s Sunday, chillax.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

PMT I think emsz

TooTall
    Free Member

I think you might have missed this bit

I think you missed my point that they are not all that different to us, rather than the asthetic appeal of the individuals being bitched about by the OP.

I also think you need to get some fresh air – you seem to be spoiling for an internet fight more than usual – which is quite something for you.

iDave
    Free Member

I don’t know what to do with my vagina now… keep it on, take it off, send it for repair. Confused. Y’all help me out now.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I like American girls.

Based on an extensive survey of err…three in 31 years, they like indie rock, smell lovely like coconut and melon and kiss like they mean it.

Kevevs
    Free Member

bloody foreigners and their accents and attitudes. I hope you sent them back with a proper stern good talking to. *waves finger*

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Grim little nation we live in, eh? Bit like a medieval theme park full of snobs and morons.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

And the religiously intolerant….

Cougar

Compared to the US, we’re a positive smorgasbord of religious tolerance.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I was talking about one person in particular but using them as the basis for a general stereotype… 😀

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    Grim little nation we live in, eh? Bit like a medieval theme park full of snobs and morons.

😆 made my day

j_me
    Free Member

religiously intolerant

😀

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I just bought that Christ on a bike tee, amazing.

And

I like American girls.
    Based on an extensive survey of err…three in 31 years, they like indie rock, smell lovely like coconut and melon and kiss like they mean it.

That’s the bestest thing I’ve read on here for ages… *swoons*

clubber
    Free Member

I still want to know who Chris and Sara are 😉

emsz
    Free Member

Chris: Housemate

Sara: GF

I’ll have one more try then I’m leaving it. Perhaps this morning, just after they left wasn’t the best time to be posting, I was frazzled.

They almost bizarrely conformed to a stereotype of californian young people, ok? They were doing a European tour and complained about everything as if they had been sent to some third world slum. Over the weekend it was “Too hot, Too cold, Foisty!?! (I don’t even know what that means!) The mattress on my bed that I let them have for their stay (sara and I had to camp in the lounge) was thin and lumpy. When they found out we were in a relationship, she told me “Lesbians are sooo now.” 🙄

They were rude. Yes I was wrong to make a generisation that all Californians are like that. Sorry (again)

There, that’s the end.

iDave
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

Lesbians are sooo now

I want that on tshirt perhaps with sara ‘s fisting comment on the back.
    TSY ordered me to stalk you whilst he was away 😉

Pigface
    Free Member

I would say that Californians are fairly unique amongst Americans.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And Texans 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

My favourite saying is ‘she’s got a face like a haunted cave’

CountZero

I spent a week in LA once and really liked the people I met, but I’m sure they weren’t representative. Liked the people I met in Vail, too.

TooTall
    Free Member

emz – serious question. Have you ever been to America?

donsimon
    Free Member

And Texans
    And New Yorkers.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 153 total)

The topic ‘Americans’ is closed to new replies.