Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Americans ask to secede from US
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So, assuming the Confederate/Republican/Red/whatever states did secede, what do you reckon would happen? For the sake of argument assume Alaska goes one way and the gulf states the other way so both have oil.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20301477

jam-bo

100,000 people eh?

so about 0.03%…

Moses

A second Civil War.
    That would be fun to watch.

duckman

The North invading/provoking the South into war and claiming it was about freeing the slaves…sorry 21st century,so protecting Alaskan/Texan citizens from genocide…

atlaz
    Free Member

Well the majority of states that want to secede are usually welcomed to do so by the blue states. I do love that the TSA are one reason they want to do this; despite the fact the TSA is a Bush-era invention. There’s always nutters that think they’ll be better alone but I suspect this will die the same way it always does; quietly.

wrecker
    Free Member

Maybe they’ll get “Devo max”? 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

HA ha the right wing nutters lost the election and now they are upset

FWIW I would be happy to let them[ right wing loons*] set sail from humanity never mind my country 😈

* not all right wing folk are loons but America seems to have the lions share of them for some reason

Lifer
    Free Member

Texas would struggle without the $6bil of subsidies it gets from Washington. So for that reason I reckon they should cut them loose.

ThePinkster

More than 100,000 Americans have petitioned the White House to allow their states to secede from the US, after President Barack Obama’s re-election.

More people petitioned the UK gov about the sale of FC land 😯

konabunny
    Free Member

…And how did that shake out? Something about beams, motes and eyes springs to mind.

molgrips
    Free Member

Maybe they’ll get “Devo max”?

They’ll be heading towards a federal style United States of.. oh wait..

Klunk
    Free Member

at the current rate of Latino immigration Texas could well be a democrat state before too long. They’ll have to scrap democracy.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The Pinkster – Member
    More people petitioned the UK gov about the sale of FC land

That’s a tremendous observation !

There is a significant minority of Americans who are anti federalist, mostly white Americans in the South, old confederate types if you like.

States seceding. It will NEVER happen

zippykona

I think Texas is allowed to leave the union. It’s in their joining small print.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Americans ask to secede from US’ is closed to new replies.