Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • American Presidential Election – have we done it yet?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I can’t see anything on the first 2 pages of the forum, so I’m going to start one.

Who’s going to win?
    How will it affect the rest of the world?

I barely follow UK politics, Americans baffle me. From my impression, through the media (which I also barely follow), Obama seems like a nice chap who’s doing his damndest to do a good job and Romney seems to be a nut-job who shares characteristics with a certain Mr H of Austria. But that just what it looks like to me.

Care to correct me?

sugdenr
    Free Member

bencooper
    Free Member

You forgot the bit where Romney believes that Native Americans are really Jewish, and that there needs to be another World War to herald the arrival of Jesus. in Missouri.

Totally batshit doesn’t cover the half of it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scuzz
    Free Member

Romney: Corporations are people.
    This is bad.
    I’m not sure why – I wish corporations were treated in the same was as people in some respects (mainly legal accountability).

robowns
    Free Member

I foresee bad things if Romney takes it

maccruiskeen

Obama seems like a nice chap who’s doing his damndest to do a good job

the paradox with the presidential race is the president himself doesn’t have all that much power – he’s only a third of the power base but he’s the embodiment of all the political power. So a president can succeed of fail on issues that are largely outside of his control. Presidents have very little control or influence over the economy for instance, but if the economy is doing well the sitting president gets the credit and if it doesn’t he takes the blame and suffers a protest vote from people who just want to registers their dislike of the status quo.

bencooper
    Free Member

Though this is funny:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9L9A1IMTQo&sns=em[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

I think the rest of the world is amazed that Romney is taken so seriously by almost half the country, or even given the time of day.

It’s been interesting, since half my Facebook friends are US family. Several of them are supporting Johnson. Yes, there is more than two candidates 🙂

Anyone spent any time in the US during election time btw? It’s truly bonkers. Their political system is totally 100% broken. An absolute disaster.

binners

Romney firmly believes that the banks and Corporations are seriously over-regulated, and if he gets in he intends to rectify this first thing.

So we should be looking at the end of the world before he’s even had chance to start another war 🙄

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Is there anyone outside of America who thinks a President Romney would be a good idea?

bencooper
    Free Member

Romney is also popular in Pakistan. Seriously – there’s polling on it.

binners

Is there anyone who doesn’t believe in Creationism who thinks a President Romney would be a good idea?

Northwind

binners – Member

Is there anyone who doesn’t believe in Creationism who thinks a President Romney would be a good idea?

Comedians everywhere.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@molgrips – I was working in NYC in the final weeks of the campaign and went to Rockerfeller Centre to watch the tally 4 years ago, it was a true party atmosphere the optimism, dare I say it hope, was everywhere. Yes American politics is bonkers, the spending, the issues thought as important, the level of the debate and dialogue …

I can only hope Romney doesn’t get in, the scary thing is for a lot of the Grand Old Party he isn’t far enough to the right.

richmtb

I believe the official polling in the UK is something like 90% in favour of Obama.

We don’t get to vote unfortunately

richmtb

Boeing, Northrop / Grumman, Colt, Heckler and Koch etc…

bencooper
    Free Member

We don’t get to vote unfortunately

I’m a dual national, so I do 🙂

MSP

If he loses, maybe he could come over and replace Cameroon, he would win an unprecedented landslide.

ir_bandito
    Free Member
    pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

He’s like the worst bits of the Conservative leadership rolled into one person! Gaffe-prone, out-of-touch dubious religious views, too close to Murdoch, in the pocket of big business and wants to do away with as much of the state as he can get away with.

uwe-r
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ltCIEbLMaQg[/video]

😀

IanMunro
    Free Member

The bit I find slightly surprising is the whole thing seems to be in the balance of a few people who can’t decided if they prefer Obama or Romney.
    I’m curious as to what sort of personality someone has that could make this is a daddy or chips dilemma.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I’m curious as to what sort of personality someone has that this is a daddy or chips dilemma.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JaAd8OuwwPk[/video]

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Daily Mash gets it spot on:

God ignores idiots

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘American Presidential Election – have we done it yet?’ is closed to new replies.