• This topic has 18 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by depp123-spam.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • American Netflix. How to watch?
  • jimjam
    Free Member

I keep hearing that the U.S version of Netflix is vastly superior to the version uk subscribers get and that it’s well worth hiding my I.P but after a good bit of googling I can’t find a straightforward or solid way of doing this….at least not without going on to seemingly dodgy sites with tons of pop ups.

Can anyone recomend a solid, secure way of doing this?

MSP

The “smart dns” provider I am using has stopped working, netflix detects the “cheat” and blocks it. They are having a bit of a crack down at the moment I am going to leave it a few months and then see which services still work.

Whatever you do don’t use hola, full of security flaws and uses you as a vpn endpoint.

seanmcdill
    Free Member

Use Chrome with the Hola add-on.

leffeboy

As above, if you use Hola recognise that they make money from it by selling your machine as an exit point to their paying customers via luminati. You might not necessarily be happy with the traffic they are sending from your ip address

oldnpastit

Move to America? Better weather as an extra bonus.

jimjam
    Free Member

MSP

The “smart dns” provider I am using has stopped working, netflix detects the “cheat” and blocks it. They are having a bit of a crack down at the moment I am going to leave it a few months and then see which services still work.

What where you using MSP?

seanmcdill
    Free Member

Wow. Didn’t know this about Hola.
    Anyone got a link to a good article about it?

Del

sounds like a lot of faff. why not just torrent?

rone

Viperdns. 1.99 a month. Still works with USA / Canada.

leffeboy

Wow. Didn’t know this about Hola.
    Anyone got a link to a good article about it?

This is comprehensive but clearly anti hola. Lots of other articles out there though as well
    http://adios-hola.org

Same rules as always apply though. If you can’t see how they are making money then you are the product they are selling

mrsfry
    Free Member

TPB 😉

jimjam
    Free Member

Del – Member

sounds like a lot of faff. why not just torrent?

Well if you’re already paying for netflix it would be a lot easier (if I knew how to do it) than searching for torrents.

DezB
    Free Member

I just logged on using the Wallcy Chrome plugin.
    I think I was on the US version as the film ratings were US style. The selection of films didn’t look any better though.

[edit]Tried to start a film and got
    “Streaming Error

You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again. ”

oxbeast
    Free Member

If you’re going to bend the rules by getting around territory restrictions, why not just use Showbox http://showboxappdownload.com/

nickc

I keep hearing that the U.S version of Netflix is vastly superior to the version uk subscribers get

It isn’t “vastly” superior TBH. It;s not like there’s huge reserves of blockbuster movies or anything, it’s a few shows that you’ll probably not have heard of, Clone Wars (star wars cartoon)…

squirrelking
    Free Member

I use an appropriate DNS address on the ipad, it’s that easy. Tbh it depends on what platform you are using what will work best, some free solutions will work on one platform but not on another. Consoles and tablets are good for DNS addresses IIRC, you can find a list using he usual tools.

Xylene
    Free Member

unotelly are getting back on track for their smart dns

deepreddave
    Free Member

News re hola so will research that.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

25 litre bucket of popcorn and 4 litres of diet Pepsi. 😆

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘American Netflix. How to watch?’ is closed to new replies.