Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 321 total)
  • American journalist death
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Has anybody watched one of these beheading videos? I haven’t dont want that image in my brain.

I am intrigued at how much figt the victim puts up, dont like myself for thinking about it to much.

bigG
    Free Member

If you want to find out then watch it. Ask yourself how much of a fight you’d put up after enduring what this poor soul did before passing judgement on him.

The image will stay with you for a long time. I’d not recommend that anyone watches it, and I’ll not tell you where to find it.

RIP James Foley.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Try not to confuse the hollywood hero escape scenario with a situation where the victim has been overpowered, humiliated and tortured before being executed.

Pigface
    Free Member

Who is passing judgement??? What a strange thing to say.

boxelder

I suspect bigG was referring to ISIS or whoever judging him as guilty of something

samuri
    Free Member

Yes, some time ago now. By accident really. It was awful to watch and yes the victim put up a struggle. I guess everyone is going to react differently in those situations, some will have been mentally beaten, some will know it’s coming, some maybe won’t.

Don’t go looking for it is my advice, the videos are specifically intended to ensure we fear these people.

mikey74
    Free Member

I disagree box, he was clearly referring to the OP for some reason.

I suspect by the time it gets to that stage the victim has most likely accepted their fate. Truly horrific. However, everyone should spare a minute to put themselves in his shoes as it will bring home how barbaric people can be.
    RIP.

enfht
    Free Member

Victims seem resigned to their fate and sit passively. Its truly horrendous. We need our special forces to hunt and kill every single one of these animals whilst the threat can still be contained.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I haven’t seen the actual beheading, nor do I want to, but the lead up to it is on YouTube and I would say that, like anyone would be, he is paralysed with fear.

Truly awful.

teasel
    Free Member

he was clearly referring to the OP

I thought he was referring to the judgement passed by the executioners, so not clear just a bit ambiguous.

khani
    Free Member

It’s all just fubar 🙁 a shitstorms coming..
    RIP

mudshark
    Free Member

It’s odd doing this sort of thing really as just makes us more supportive of dealing with them which isn’t what they want.

neilwheel
    Free Member

What they want is all infidels to be put to death. At the same time, by their standards, defiling the corpse and not allowing the soul entry to their version of paradise, that I find odd.

anagallis_arvensis

Never watched any. Kind of always assumed people were drugged to make them passive.

neilwheel
    Free Member

I think they want the victim to be fully aware of the situation.

I believe a tactic used is that the execution scenario is reenacted as part of the torture so, often, it is not the first time the victim has gone through this ordeal.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Is it wrong to wonder what the world would be like if we had not quelled Hitler and his ideas ,would there be peace in the world under one nuthob as opposed to infighting and slaughter by lots of nutjobs?

neilwheel
    Free Member

😯

shermer75
    Free Member

Ask yourself how much of a fight you’d put up after enduring what this poor soul did before passing judgement on him.

Commendably efficient use of the phrase ‘passing judgement’ there as the poster has managed to instruct the OP not to pass judgement whilst simultaneously passing judgement himself. Good work!

mooman
    Free Member

I watched a clip of one couple years ago. Ashamed to say a sick sense of curiosity. Luckily it was a poor quality low res vid so gruesome details were thankfully hidden – except for the sound. I think that was the worse, no Hollywood movie can replicate the last moments of somebody having their neck sawn through.

Don’t cave in to your curiosity. It’s scary – and made me feel somewhat implicated.

Shocking how cruel and pure evil some people are. Scary world.

rossatease
    Free Member

philxx1975 – Member
    Is it wrong to wonder what the world would be like if we had not quelled Hitler and his ideas ,would there be peace in the world under one nuthob as opposed to infighting and slaughter by lots of nutjobs?

Funny, I often wonder that, he’d be dead by now of course, but I doubt the thousand year Reich would have put up with any sort of Arab autonomy and of course there wouldn’t be an Israel.

As to the beheading I’m solidly with the don’t even go look for it, it’s what they want you to do.

jam-bo

is watching these videos any different really to watching a bird eye view of a ‘precision’ strike by a drone? because they’ve shown them on the news.

end result is the same.

globalti
    Free Member

The only difference between this lot and the Nazis was that the Nazis used gas or bullets. I find the whole situation absolutely horrifying. I’ve travelled a lot in the Middle East and have many good Muslim friends there and here so I’m optimistic that the reason and sense and moderation of the massive majority will overcome the madness of this tiny minority, because they must be stopped. As with the Nazis they will have to be hunted down and punished for as long as they live after this awful episode has passed.

I’m encouraged that the Grand Mufti in Saudi Arabia has disassociated these animals from moderate Islam.

anagallis_arvensis

jam bo. Yes they are different one shows human suffering in detail the other doesnt. This is of course what makes drone use and remote sir strikes so worrying.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s odd doing this sort of thing really as just makes us more supportive of dealing with them which isn’t what they want.

Maybe not though, if journalists stop going out there then it falls off the news. My phone froze the other day and was showing 2 week old news, I was amazed at the number of what had seemed were hugely important stories that had fallen off my radar and I didn’t know the conclusion. Or look at the Ebola outbreak, potentialy a huge natural disaster that could spread to the west (there isn’t a vaccination or treatment), isn’t getting much news time as no journalist in their right mind is going out there to report on it.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong its not some BNP type sentiment ,I’m no historian but if I try to connect things it seems at some point all civilizations have gone by the wayside in some form, the roman empire for example maybe its western civilizations turn to be overtaken or replaced by another,the only thing that seems to connect them is war will always be waged.

jam-bo

so its ok to watch death and suffering as long as there is too much detail and it doesn’t make you squeamish?

anagallis_arvensis

Try reading what I wrote.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong its not some BNP type sentiment

No problem, I’m just very anti-nutjob and fundamentalist intolerant.

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

http://rt.com/news/181476-saudi-arabia-hashish-execution/.

All the same when use of sharia law is The law.

jambalaya
    Free Member

No never watched one. The still photo is unpleasant enough. I know people who have and they have regretted it, its an image they can now never erase. I have watched the ISIS executions where they shoot people lying on the ground.@aa no I don’t think the people are drugged, they will be exhausted almost certainly beaten and truly terrified. From what I understand they are put through “fake executions” a number of times to terrorise them.

It is disturbing to me that the killer is reported to have a British accent. Reports are that 500 Britains are fighting with ISIS. These people need to be tracked down and killed if possible (as per ex SAS Chris Ryan’s recent comments) and under no circumstances must they ever be permitted to return to the UK.

EDIT: This is also why the wife of the British national supposedly fighting for ISIS must be sent to jail for a very long time for attempting to supply him with 20,000 euros. Its a reality that all the friends and relatives of these people fighting with ISIS will now be suspects and being closely monitored.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The only difference between this lot and the Nazis was that the Nazis used gas or bullets. I find the whole situation absolutely horrifying. I’ve travelled a lot in the Middle East and have many good Muslim friends there and here so I’m optimistic that the reason and sense and moderation of the massive majority will overcome the madness of this tiny minority, because they must be stopped. As with the Nazis they will have to be hunted down and punished for as long as they live after this awful episode has passed.

I’m encouraged that the Grand Mufti in Saudi Arabia has disassociated these animals from moderate Islam.

@globalti
    , I also travel a lot in the Middle East and have many Muslim friends. What is concerning is the amount of British citizens who have travelled to fight with ISIS, it seems the Muslim majority is unable to deter them. The fact is ISIS is killing mostly other Muslims, certainly in Syria, the Muslim community has as much to fear from ISIS as anyone else.

bigG
    Free Member

So, in explanation of my comment. It relates to this –

“I am intrigued at how much fight the victim puts up”

If you watch the video, you may well be surprised how little fight he puts up, it would be easy to judge the poor guy as weak or defeated. It’s very apparent that by the time he gets to the point of kneeling in the dust in an orange robe he’s accepted his fate.

Does that explain it? I’m not proposing that I can judge anyone on here, or question their opinions. I have mine, you have yours, such is life.

Let’s not turn this into a handbag fight guys, it’s a tragic story.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m just going to add.

RIP to James Foley.

He died doing what he loved.

😐

jambalaya
    Free Member

@bigG perhaps he is showing extra-ordinarily great courage, he is not giving the ISIS a “show” they can use for even more propoganda

jambalaya
    Free Member

@bikebouy – yes agreed RIP.

I do wonder whether it is worth it, to take those risks for the coverage

bigG
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

@bigG perhaps he is showing extra-ordinarily great courage, he is not giving the ISIS a “show” they can use for even more propoganda

We’ll never know and I wish no one ever has to be in the position to find out.

wilburt
    Free Member

When the internet first became available I watched a few videos that I now wish I hadn’t. Just occasionally those images flashback, my life would be better without them.

gonzy
    Free Member

i saw one about 10 years ago of a Russian soldier getting beheaded by Chechen fighters….even to this day its still fresh in my mind
    its a truly horrific act and those that carry out them are truly evil and despicable beings.
    i’ve seen ISIS executions before and they’re all gruesome and brutal.

i heard on the radio that James Foley had been kidnapped 2 years ago…no doubt during that time he would have been subjected to many horrible and brutal things that we can only imagine.

those responsible are nothing but monsters who need to be stopped

RIP James Foley

senorj

I regret to say I watched a video showing a beheading a few years ago. I am still haunted by it to this day.
    Do not watch it.
    A colleague at work was watching an ISIS vid on his facebook page (wtf!) the other day and I happened to witness about 10 seconds of it.Barbaric.
    RIP james Foley.

wilburt
    Free Member

EDIT: This is also why the wife of the British national supposedly fighting for ISIS must be sent to jail for a very long time for attempting to supply him with 20,000 euros. Its a reality that all the friends and relatives of these people fighting with ISIS will now be suspects and being closely monitored.

Do you think?

There’s a well known Jihadist with a record of finance extremists running a charity in Ipswich, he may well be completely reformed of course but they are getting money from somewhere and I’m not sure I share your confidence in our intelligence services.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 321 total)

The topic ‘American journalist death’ is closed to new replies.