Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • American Classic Wheels
  • drapper
    Free Member

Hi all,

Looking a new set of American Classic MTB AM wheels. Seems very light and functional for the price c.1500 grams pair. There is also an XC set at 1486 grams, I’ve no experience with AC wheels. What do you all think? Or should I stick to Hope/Crest set-up?

Thanks
    Martin

RealMan
    Free Member

AC have a bit of a notorious reputation about their bearings. I think it’s meant to be sorted, but who knows. Hopes and crests will keep running forever, ACs you’re taking bit more of a chance. Seems like quite a few people on here have them though.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Been running AC wheels this race season, a great wheelset IMO. Light, strong, no issues what so ever. Fantastic freehub as well.

drapper
    Free Member

did you go for the XC or the AM model The Swedish Chef and RealMan ? what width tires?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

XC running N Nics and R Ralphs, both 2.1

organic355
    Free Member

Ive got the MTB 26 dics and had no probems so far. Fairly light and strong, wish they would tone down the stickers though, especially the big sticker that says “VALVE”!

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

The newer models have slightly better/less shouting graphics than the earlier ones. They are however not on the subtle side

GaryLake
    Free Member

AMs are more like 1600g though. But yes, proper sorted for money, weight and build.

fenred
    Free Member

Been running AC terrain 26er for 2 years, been solid and reliable and stayed true to this day. Agree with loud logo’s being in your face but they are a nice change from the norm.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘American Classic Wheels’ is closed to new replies.