Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • American Classic + Stans 7000 race for general XC Use
  • andylc
    Free Member

Hey everyone,
    I’ve been thinking about a new wheelset and was watching these AC Hubs + Stans 7000 Race on fleabay – I know they’re race wheels but has anyone used them for general regular XC riding? I don’t fancy buying another set for a few years so durability is my main question. I weigh 65kg so would happily run them tubeless below the max recommended PSI of 33. Riding type is varied but I do like going downhill fast like most people, and there’s a fair bit of rocky stuff on my local rides.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

cynic-al
    Free Member

These aer pretty much the lightest rims made, meant to be replaced regularly IIRC?

I’d concede the 100gm per wheel for something more durable. Why risk it?

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Got ACs on Olympic rims used them for over 3 yrs raced em all over done trials centres & lakes no problems. I weigh about 60kgs. My understanding of race 7000 though is they have a limited life 5000miles I think ? The hubs are ace though so u can always get new rims if they go.

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of Podium MMX wheels, and a set of Olympics. Obviously intended the former for racing use only, but in reality I’ve ended up using the Podiums far more because they feel better. They’ve proved perfectly durable. Surpassed my expectations.

andylc
    Free Member

Right I’ll look for something else then, Stans Crest or Olympics maybe.

Any Hope 2 or 3 hub users, does the sound drive you mad??

shortcut

I would go with something straightforward to fix as well as light so Hope 2 hubs (noise is fine, you get used to it), or King’s which last for ever with some light rims that you can get re-built easily if you bust them.

It does seem to be the best way to protect your investment.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘American Classic + Stans 7000 race for general XC Use’ is closed to new replies.