Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • American classic cam plate? Bodge solution?
  • ibnchris

Think I’ve worked out the problem with my am classic wheels. The cam plate looks like it could be a bit worn. But it also looks like you could kind of badge a fix on the cam plate by lifting up the little dimpley bits. Is this a bad idea? Any idea where I can get a spare cam plate?

hairyscary

You’ll probably find that the little bit of springy metal wire is also worn. I tried to bodge it without success.

sam_underhill

Just riding along stock all the spares. Could be the spring in the free hub that’s also worn. This isn’t available as a part by itself.

ibnchris

You get a cam plate when you buy a new free hub don’t you? I found a German site that just sell the cam plate )(just riding along don’t have stock) but maybe I should just bite the bullet and buy new free hub…

Cheers all

ibnchris

So, I ended up removing the .5mm spacer it says not to remove. And now the spring engages with the cam plate just fine. A bit stiff but all connecting nicely. Think it’ll be OK?

sam_underhill

I think the spacer is there to ensure correct interface with the races on the bearing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘American classic cam plate? Bodge solution?’ is closed to new replies.