• This topic has 208 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 209 total)
  • Ambulance
  • Drac

Good isn’t it.

project
    Free Member

Got to be one of the best edited and filmed series for a long time, such great continuity of the calls to the call centre to the ambos, to the patients to aerial filming.

Oh and the staff are excellent as well

Drac

I love the use of tagged address with a brief synopsis of a call overlaid into the map, it gives a better idea of what else is going on near by and how frustrating it is for crews to be stood down yards from an address. It also gives the public and idea of why they may have to wait for a minor incident.

NZCol

Agree, I know a bit as my sister is an advanced paramedic but to see it like this is fascinating. I’m not going to even go on about the dedication and humility. Exceptional.
    Oh and Peggy FTW.

MrOvershoot

NZCol – Member

Jesus, I’ve just started to watch this and bloody hell. Anyone that moans about the NHS can bugger off.
    Really well filmed, fascinating.

Well put, this needs to be embedded onto the DM web page where you can’t look at anything on there until you have watched & understood what people working on the front line of care services have to go through.

Pook

The miscarriage has just had me sobbing.

EDIT: just seen the outcome. Bloody hell.

legolam
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up on this. Just watched the first episode (whilst on night shift on CCU!) and very much enjoyed it – as much as I think my job is nuts sometimes, I know I could never hack it as a paramedic, you guys deal with a whole other level of craziness.

Drac

Last one tonight.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

It’s been a really good series so far, I don’t usually bother watching anything like this but I’ve been impressed with this one.

Drac

It’s been tremendous I’ve barely criticisd it all and I’m normally do.

That last scene though that was a bit close to what I’ve gone through over the years, not ashamed to say it’s taken a toll.

Houns

Tears once again.

Miscarriages were always the hardest calls to take 🙁 especially when had to tell the distraught mother to keep everything that was coming out of her

jamj1974

Some continuing exposure of frankly excellent people with a real vocation. Also, one real **** who was clearly in the wrong job.

woody21
    Free Member

The BBC seem to have done the business on the “fly on the wall” stuff recently – the Lifeboat was excellent as well

Drac

Also, one real **** who was clearly in the wrong job.

I may have swore at that bit.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Some continuing exposure of frankly excellent people with a real vocation. Also, one real **** who was clearly in the wrong job.

I was quite curious to see how the guys who I knew that were in the series would come across and I’ve got to say that they were outstanding which was pretty much what I’d expect of them.
    You always seem to get at least one person in these programmes though who comes across badly!

Drac

His colleagues silence spoke volumes.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Not really on topic but kibd of

The other day latish i got stuck behind an ambulance doing forty with the blues flashing but no sirens. Must have hit a top speed of 40mph (national speed limit) considered overtaking!

Now I’d have though they were carrying someone carefully but it was also leaving edinburgh heading towards moffat.

So… why?

jamj1974

His colleagues silence spoke volumes.

It bloody well did – well done her! I would have exploded!

Drac

They probably got stood down off a case and forgot to switch the lights off.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Tell you what they’re bloody distracting if you are stuck behind them on a dark night.

alpin
    Free Member

Is stabbing people up the arse a thing? Bagging?

**** me…. Sad.

alpin
    Free Member

And a massive tax on alcohol….! The amount of pain and waste it causes is crazy….

Drac

Yup it causes massive blood loss alpin.

alpin
    Free Member

Shitting through a pipe into a bag for the rest of their lives…. 🙁

alpin
    Free Member

Which paramedic are we supposed to be angry with? The young guy with the quiff?
    Slight lack of empathy with the homeless guy, but couldn’t argue with his point… A failing of the system or someone who let go of the reigns….? Either way a waste of resources on a busy night.

P-Jay
    Free Member

“Is he still anxious?”

Ha ha ha

jamj1974

Alpin, I saw it more as a complete lack of ability to empathise and then an attempt to browbeat a colleague.

hora
    Free Member

I missed it. What time/day is it on?

Hopefully not the same time as Portillo’s trains? 8)

wallop

Tuesdays at 9pm but I think it’s over now – catch up on iplayer.

hora
    Free Member

Cheers 🙂

Drac

Slight lack of empathy with the homeless guy, but couldn’t argue with his point… A failing of the system or someone who let go of the reigns….? Either way a waste of resources on a busy night.

The reason for him going in was ridiculous another pathway would have been better but his lack of empathy towards him was uncalled for.

Houns

I do think he was acting up for the cameras a little….. Same goes for some of the folks in the control room taking calls and loudly repeating something odd that the caller has said, it’s quite common in places I’ve worked before, basically the call taker is saying “ere have a listen to this”…. it’s a little passive aggressive (ok maybe not the correct term but it’s early and I’ve only just woken up I’m struggling to brain properly)

Drac

I do think he was acting up for the cameras a little…..

Agreed but that makes it worse.

The ones in control I don’t think they were, by repeating something it can trigger a response in person telling you something utterly ridiculous to stop and think. You see it used on here a lot.

jamj1974

The guy in control who had lost his twins and had dealt with the call from the parents of the baby in premature delivery. Unashamed to say it made me weep a little.

Drac

I wept at most of that part as it brought back so many memories I’d rather not have, my Mrs realised why I sometimes don’t talk when I get home or why I sometimes get angry.

jamj1974

^^ sorry to hear that Drac.

Drac

Cheers but I’m fine it just comes through now and then.

Drac

It’s back tomorrow night.

Cougar

About time, I phoned ages ago.

Jamie
    Free Member

Mod banter.

Classic.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 209 total)

The topic ‘Ambulance’ is closed to new replies.