Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ambulance Chasers
  • spooky_b329

Wife had a taxi driver shunt into her just under two years ago.

He wanted to go outside the insurance but started messing about saying the repair estimate was was too much so we told him we would go through the insurance.

It was done through our insurance with his insurer accepting full liability.

We just had a phone call saying he has just put in a claim for personal injury which has re-opened the case and they are trying to imply a ‘tit for tat’ claim or something – very confused. My wife told them she thought it was a load of rubbish so they went on to confirm the date of accident, vehicle details and our home address.

I don’t give a hoot whether he is claiming or not as his insurer have already admitted liability. But how can this go ahead so long after the accident and whats in it for them to get my wife to claim?

MoreCashThanDash

Who exactly rang? Your insurers who have received a claim from him, or some ambulance chasers on a fishing expedition?

nealglover
    Free Member

who was the phone call from ?

Unless it was from your insurer, just tell them to F OFF

spooky_b329

It becomes clearer, as per below he knew the details of our vehicle but wanted the registration of the other party… The name, number and company name match and some consistency with becoming abusive when challenged on earlier posts (not pasted)

Results for phone number 01618131840
    Phone number located in Manchester, United Kingdom. United Kingdom

By Anonymous 6 hours ago

Just had a phone call from Jamie Bruce at Legal Motor Services giving 0161 8149433 as a contact number. This was the second call to me, and one to my husband who had told them we weren’t interested. To do with a no fault claim we made when a car drove into us. Told we were entitled to damages of around £2000 per occupant of our car because the other driver had claimed and received compensation for damage. Sounded unlikely then more suspicious as he did not know the registration of our car, or the other car, where the accident had happened or who our insurers were at the time. I did not give him this information as I think the scam is that they are trying to get as much info as possible out of you so they can then claim pretending to be you and will take the money and run – I am sure I would never see any money!!

By Rob 13 hours ago

Just had a call from this number. A chap called Bobby saying he was from Legal Motor Team. If honest it all seemed a tad bizzare. He knew that I had been involved in an incident last year and that I have money owing to me. Seems strange as I was led to believe this claim had been closed out last year when I received a payout for the incident. Bobby was requesting more information for the third party vehicle that was involved in the incident as well. Something is not right here. Do I just ignore them or pass on details….? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Owner: Legal Motor Team

Type of call: Missed call
    By Anonymous 3 weeks ago

I have just had a call from this number 0161 814 9433 regarding a claim with one of our company vehicles regarding a payment that is due to him as a result of a motor accident. Our driver had never claimed for personal reasons and when I called them back I had a very abusive man tell me that our driver would have a fine drop on his door mat due to not being able to close a case. When asked the name of the company they said it was The Hand of Claims Limited. Complete load of fraudsters

They must have got our details inc address via some dodgy deal with an an employee of the insurer or the bodyshop.

nealglover
    Free Member

So the taxi driver hasn’t put in a claim for anything then.

They have told you that he has, in the hope you will you say “well if he’s putting in a claim, then I bloody will too!”

Hey presto, suckered a new customer.

MoreCashThanDash

As I suspected, they are trying to get you to put in a supposed “counter-claim” for any uninsured losses that you have forgotten about before the three year time limit has gone.

I am so glad I quit motor claims handling just as the curse of ambulance chasers was spreading from Northern Ireland to Merseyside.

dudeofdoom

I shit you not but in a department of about 6 people someone gets one of these calls at least once or twice a week…

I don’t really get why it’s not been clamped down on tbh.

spooky_b329

I’ve had loads of ‘fishing’ calls unable to give me details of an specific incident, but this is the first time they have been able to provide any information to an actual incident. Will be ignoring 🙂

Drac

Yup fishing calls.

I’ve had:

You were involved in an accident.

You worked in heavy industry

You contacted us reference PPI claim

cinnamon_girl

Dishonest staff working for insurance companies pass on personal details. Aviva has form for this.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’ve had a number of “you were involved in an accident recently” calls that go to “was anyone else in the household involved in the accident?”
    When I ask “what accident was that then?”, they go all cagey…

Now I’m occasionally getting “have you sustained hearing damage?” calls. Er, I’m a drummer. I use earplugs as a matter of course. Other than that I work in an office.

CountZero

I’ve had a number of “you were involved in an accident recently” calls that go to “was anyone else in the household involved in the accident?”
    When I ask “what accident was that then?”, they go all cagey…

Now I’m occasionally getting “have you sustained hearing damage?” calls. Er, I’m a drummer. I use earplugs as a matter of course. Other than that I work in an office.
    I’ve had a number of the first type, and the PPI ones, but not had a hearing damage one.
    I’m tempted to answer yes, I have tinnitus from a loud gig. If asked for details, I’ll tell them “it was during a Phil Lynott’s Grand Slam gig, somewhere around 1986.
    Oh, and he died a few months after. Does that help?”
    I’d be fascinated to see how they answer.
    As it happens, those details are fact, however, my hearing has been checked through work, and it’s good for a bloke of my age, and I wear earplugs for some jobs, and at gigs, so basically, they can get stuffed.

Cougar

“have you sustained hearing damage?”

Pardon?

What?

Speak up, sonny!

aracer
    Free Member

That was what I did last time. I presume she’d heard it all before and said she’d call back. Not what I was after, though I think she was bluffing.

I do need to set up my Windows VM again, as I’m about due a Windows scammers call.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ambulance Chasers’ is closed to new replies.